× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago #5408 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
London supermarket mayhem - early morning queues
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8137409/Police-step-stop-selfish-stockpilers-barging-past-pensioners-supermarkets.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 2 years 2 months ago #5409 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
That's crazy. I knew this would happen. People are ignorant and have a 'it'll never happen to me attitude' in the UK. Something I have been bothered about for years. When ever I have talked to people and suggested they prepare for an emergency I just got laughed at. I guess they are the people now panicking. Serves them right if you ask me. But I do feel for the workers.

My wife is having a hard time at the moment (being assistant manger of her shop, a small supermarket). She keeps getting phone calls from staff there and she has worked many more hours than usual. Even having to pop in to sort stuff when she is off. Its her day off today and she has just had to go back to sort something.

A member of staff there has just took early leave as she is pregnant, but she hasn't been replaced yet. Their deliveries are sketchy. Since just haven't turned up and when they have they haven't been delivered things like bread and bog roll. They also haven't been given any PPE (personal protective equipment) at all and my wife is having to use our personal supply of gloves for work. They are getting no help from head office in the respect of PPE.

So people didn't listen. They didn't think. They thought 'it'll never happen to me' and look at the state they have caused now. Yes, I am blaming them. They have had weeks to get a grip on this, but they left to the last minute.

I forgot to mention; my wife's shop is cutting its opening hours very soon. Not sure when, possibly this weekend. They normally open 7am-10pm every day but are charging to 8am-6pm. Probably so they can have a good concentration of staff there.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5410 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Moscow hospital - queue of ambulances
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

More
4 years 1 month ago #5411 by Simomax

Moscow hospital - queue of ambulances
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Wow, not good. I was under the impression that Russia had a handle on this. Apparently not.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5412 by Simomax
Interesting article on how long coronavirus lasts on different surfaces. I saw a YouTube video on coating a face mask with copper (I posted in this thread I think), but seems it can still take up to 4 hours for the virus to die on copper, so not really a viable solution.

Covid-19: How long does the coronavirus last on surfaces?
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200317-covid-19-how-long-does-the-coronavirus-last-on-surfaces

More
4 years 1 month ago - 2 years 2 months ago #5413 by Simomax
No sign of the numbers today yet....
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Simomax.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds