× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 6 days ago #5402 by mw0uzo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 days ago #5403 by mattia
Replied by mattia on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Hi guys. How is the situation there? Here in Venice the situation is not good.....we have police and army in the street that stops car and people and ask where they go.
The fine is €260 euro and a criminal complaint.

More
4 years 6 days ago #5404 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus

I was a bit out of it yesterday so I missed this. At least the detail anyway.

So I see they have shut pretty much all pubs, gyms and other venues for the next month. Food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies are unaffected. Take away food places are doing delivery only. Though I'm not sure in the current situation I would be getting fast food delivered as I have no idea on the hygiene of the place preparing the food. I think it is necessary with the current state of things. Hopefully it will slow the spread of the virus, but I think its too late and they should have done this two weeks ago.

Yeah no way on the takeaway. Before all this kicked off, the other side of the family were wanting to get in takeaways and all that stuff, wouldn't really listen to what I was saying.
I agree, it has been left too long in London/SE. That was always the risk area and always would have needed quicker shutdown.

A friend has a static caravan in west wales. He said the caravan park, which is usually relatively empty is packed full of people who have travelled out of the city. Cars and trailers piled high with stuff.

More
4 years 6 days ago #5405 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Hey mattia. Glad to hear you're OK, the situation in Italy looks crazy. Two weeks and that's where the UK will be.
I think it's impossible just to ask people to stay in, people just do not listen. Especially people who do not have responsibilities to children or parents.
What's happening in Italy I think will happen in the UK, from the numbers of infected and dead to strict curfews and isolation.

It is just a reflection of the system we find ourselves in. Complete isolation, and the virus will die.
Think we can still go out and chat and wander around town, it will continue to spread and the whole situation will last longer.

Keep us updated :)

More
4 years 6 days ago #5406 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus

Hi guys. How is the situation there? Here in Venice the situation is not good.....we have police and army in the street that stops car and people and ask where they go.
The fine is €260 euro and a criminal complaint.

Hey mattia, glad you are OK. I hope your family and close ones are OK too. We had a major lock down last night. All pubs, bars, gyms, cinemas etc have all closed. Just essential shops are open (food, pharmacies etc). I'm in Blackpool (NW) so I'm pretty far from London and things are quiet here. Hospital here is quiet. Feels like the calm before the storm. I think we are going to get hit like Italy. Some people saying worse because we have been so late to act and shutdown. As far as I know, people haven't been locked down though so still free to travel about in the UK, but I'm expecting that to change if there is a big increase in cases here.

We have 20,000 troops ready and waiting to be deployed. Not sure where or when, and they are being trained to deliver oxygen and other things. Cases have been increasing in the Midlands (middle of England) and I'm expecting it to start to increase in the North. We will see in time, but many doctors and professionals stating that we are going to be like Italy. Time will tell.

More
4 years 6 days ago #5407 by mattia
Replied by mattia on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Hi my friend, the same think happen here: people walk with child without any controls. they don't understand that most of people take virus and can't recognise it. So they spread the virus to weak people...... A person who take covid-19 in intensive care at hospital, need 40 times oxigen than other people. So in some hospital, the tube of oxigen are litteraly frozen. We think that the peak of infected people will arrive at 15 of april. So we have to wait. Believe in me, buy mask with ffp2 or fpp3. If you not found that masks you can buy a chirurgical mask, but is less effective that a mask with filter. Put single use gloves on your hand. Covid-19 can live in vary kind of surface: copper 3 hours, paper 24 hours. So you have to clean the surface with alcool at 70 or 90%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds