× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago #5377 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus

Wise move or no? IMHO, absurdity. Am I being too draconian? We need to lock down to get a handle on this, then, once stabilized start back up, slowly. Yeah it is gonna cause loss of business and such, but it is either now for the short term or leave it and suffer with all kinds of shit in the longer term.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson's official spokesman said: "There are no plans to close down the transport network in London and there is zero prospect of any restrictions being placed on travelling in and out of London."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-zero-prospect-of-restrictions-on-travel-in-and-out-of-london-downing-street-11960212

Will see in due course is the Prime Mincer back tracks on this, like he has with pretty much everything.

I would not be surprised if it was a deliberate strategy.
'We're not going to lockdown!' 'We're not going to lockdown!' 'We're not going to lockdown!'
4am SLAM
M25 ring locked down all road exits by soldiers with guns simultaneously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5378 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Yeah, I dunno. Feels like something is going to happen. Seems all like conversations behind closed doors at the moment. Today's death number seems to be out in the media (137) but still no sign of infected cases or number of tests.

Although if you use the theory they they don't have a clue what they are doing, then everything kinda fits. Honestly, I would have thought we being up there among the 1st world countries would already have this kind of thing planned and should be a case of opening a safe, getting out the envelope labeled 'What to do in the event of a biological outbreak' and start reading paragraph 1.

I have worked in places (and even contributed to myself) that have disaster recovery plans where pretty much everything is documented and is just a case of reading instructions and executing plans. It seems the UK govt. has nothing like this and they are literally pulling ideas out of a hat. Mind boggling.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5379 by Simomax
Ha! I think I get it.... If the govt. shutdown London, or the country it will mean they have to take responsibility for people's income. If it is their decision then people have no choice and therefore the govt. will have to pay out. If they just 'advise' people stay home then it isn't a contractual decision, so they make it seem like things are progressing by slowly, each day, shutting bits and bobs down, but not actually shutting them per se. They are just advising people don't go to them and advising that places shut (shops etc). They are introducing the army (yay!.....) to scare the shit out of people into staying home, but still just advisory. Its all about MONEY! I know I'm sounding cynical, but in light of shite information, cynicism is all I have.

I'm gonna start calling BoJo the Clown, MaƱana the Clown.....

Oh, and ya, still no numbers.....:whistle:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5380 by Simomax
Don't pay much attention to this post, because it is literally my cynical thoughts....

<tinfoilhat>

What could the government gain from lollygagging this coronavirus?

They could:
Get rid of lots of elderly and sick, thus they don't have to support them.
Get everyone into debt, thus having some control of them.
Close down many many business and put many out of work, causing people to go cap-in-hand to the govt. for help, and thus they have control.
Instigate marshal law frightening the shit out of everyone and allowing more grievous arrests and such to happen.
Cause a media hype and thus denying real news to get out.
Get the DNA or every man, woman and child in the UK.
Let the economy go to shit and then offer a way out by seizing the saving of every person to compensate for teh government printing of money.
Force the public to be at odds with one another due to not helping with fair distribution of essential product items, thus causing division.
Stop all cash and go to a cashless society, because cash is dirty.

Maybe.....
</tinfoilhat>

More
4 years 1 month ago #5381 by Simomax
As we have the number of deaths (137), using yesterdays death percentage of confirmed cases (4%), I estimate the number of tested today to be around 3425 positive cases.
137 / 4 * 100 = 3425....

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5382 by Simomax
Numbers are out :

As of 9am on 19 March 2020, 64,621 people have been tested in the UK, of which 61,352 were confirmed negative and 3,269 were confirmed positive. As of 1pm 144 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.

I can't get to my pc at the moment. I'll update my chart when I can get to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds