× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago #5348 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
I'm gonna come back to this story: PIERS MORGAN: If coronavirus killed young people like it does the old, we would have shut down society weeks ago - so the least dumb, selfish millennials like Vanessa Hudgens can do is stop partying and like, wake the f*ck up (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8125813/PIERS-MORGAN-Selfish-millennials-help-coronavirus-kill-people.html)

I don't really like Piers Morgan, I think he he a bit of a toff and a tosser too, but what he says is right.

I’ve wondered for a long time how the millennial generation would cope with a real crisis.
Not one of the myriad crises many of them claim to have every second of every day, triggering the biggest explosion of ‘anxiety’ and ‘triggering’ the planet has ever seen.
No, a real one.
One that impacts every one of us, one that causes genuine hardship and strife, one that causes huge numbers of deaths and rips the global economy to pieces and, one that is a proper valid reason to feel anxious because it’s indisputably frightening and none of us, not even the world’s top scientific experts, knows how bad it will get before we come out the other side.
Well, now I don’t have to wonder because it’s happening.
And whilst some millennials are being perfectly stoic and sensible, recognizing the gravity of the situation, some are behaving like complete and utter cretins.
I couldn’t believe the idiocy of so many Spring Break students flocking to the beach in Florida, hugging and kissing each other like it was VE-Day.
Or the crass stupidity of all those flocking to bars on St Patrick’s Day around Britain and America yesterday, when even Ireland shut down every pub in the country and cancelled all the parades beloved by every town in the country.
Or all the blinkered arrogance of all the cocky young chumps bombarding me with ‘Stop being so f*cking hysterical, it’s just the flu!’ abuse on Twitter every time I try to warn them of how bad this pandemic may get, and how urgent it is that they take it more seriously.

These people will cause deaths that can be avoided. Anyone with that attitude should be forcibly quarantined in order to protect others'. Am I being a bit harsh? I don't think so. Not when the numbers are growing exponentially every day. I feel like saying "I hope each and every one of these imbeciles contract the virus" but that would cause further angst and problems with the imbeciles taking up precious medical time and resources. In fact bollocks, I hope they do get it and they are stuck at home, with no bog roll, and generally fucked, because THEY are making this worse. The attitude of young people these days, their mind of entitlement and their ultra leftist views to keep their entitlement by getting triggered and throwing their toys out of the cot in order to get what they want is as big a crisis as the coronavirus. I may sound draconian but the only places we have seen at least some kind of improvement or slow down in the rate of contagion is where they have introduced draconian measures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5349 by Simomax

Video from young UK victim of coronavirus
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Not sure about this. There is no mention of coronavirus in the video, only smoking, and she says don't take chances. Also these comments:

It might be worth you clarifying this is a lung cancer patient from a while back. Yes, coronavirus is absolutely serious and while it can also affect younger, healthy people it simply isn't the norm as we all know. There's enough fake news out there as it is.

and this from the OP:

It’s not anyone related to me. I’m sharing to make ppl aware as the virus can be deadly to me being post liver transplant and having cystic fibrosis

Sorry to keep doing this with your posts Dan, but I feel it is important to try and keep to truth and facts. I'm not saying you are not, but there are people what will post anything for clicks and likes. People are not getting their their daily multitude of tiny dopamine hits at the moment and so some people will post crap in order to do so. Another ailment of the social media addicted entitled.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5351 by radmonadmin
Replied by radmonadmin on topic Wuhan coronavirus

Sorry to keep doing this with your posts Dan, but I feel it is important to try and keep to truth and facts. I'm not saying you are not, but there are people what will post anything for clicks and likes. People are not getting their their daily multitude of tiny dopamine hits at the moment and so some people will post crap in order to do so. Another ailment of the social media addicted entitled.

I don't post these with any truth guarantee. Fast moving situation.
We'll find out in due course if it's fake. Please continue checking and commenting :)

More
4 years 1 month ago #5352 by Simomax
They finally close schools in the UK, from this friday
Coronavirus: UK schools to close from Friday until further notice
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-uk-schools-to-close-from-friday-11959769

UK school closures – all schools to close due to coronavirus from Friday but kids of NHS workers will still get taught
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11192041/all-schools-uk-closed-from-friday-coronavirus/

BoJo starting to actually do something now apart from throwing money at big corps....
UK coronavirus testing will increase to 25,000 a day, says Boris Johnson (will have to see if those figures end up on my chart!)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/18/uk-coronavirus-testing-will-increase-to-25000-a-day-says-boris-johnson

How Italy's rate of coronavirus infections is finally slowing since implementing drastic quarantine measures, even as the death toll rises 345 to 2,503 and medics warn of 'catastrophic' situation
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8123307/Italys-doctors-warn-catastrophic-situation-coronavirus-death-toll-rises-345-2-503.html

I'll post nore news as it comes...

More
4 years 1 month ago #5353 by radmonadmin
Replied by radmonadmin on topic Wuhan coronavirus

This shit is getting real. Not just coronavirus, but the knock on effects with the health service etc.

Last Thursday I put my back out. I have a fragile back and have had for some years. My L2 and L3 discs are herniated and from time to time I will get niggles in my back and from time to time, it will just go. It has and from what happened last time it went properly my discs are trapping my nerves inside my vertebra. As such everything around my L2 and L3 has swollen compounding the issue. I'm in a bad way. I can't walk more than a few steps before the pressure of the weight of my upper body starts crushing down on my lower spine. I'm struggling to use the toilet. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to get up out of a chair or bed. I have to do some pretty funky moves just to get up and get down on a seat or bed. Laying perfectly flat on my back does relieve the pressure though.

The reason I have explained all that is because today I spent about 4 hours on the phone just trying to get through to someone. I tried my doctor where they have a message saying for emergencies to call 111. I did and after about 3 hours of trying I eventually spoke to someone. I mentioned all that I mentioned above and they asked "do you think you are in a life threatening position". I appropriately answered no. to which she replied "We are sorry, but as your condition is not life threatening we have no way of treating you at the moment. Have you tried your GP?"

Basically fobbed off at every avenue of help. I have never been in a position like this where I can't get medical help. I can't just go to the walk in centre as I can't get there and they won't come to me. So at the moment, I am relying on lousy pain killers (of which I am probably taking way too many), and determination to try and get my back right.

Don't get ill. Just don't.

Sorry to hear this, it sounds like you will be confined to the bed for some time. You won't get any treatment from the Dr's or anything like that - they're in emergency mode.
It sounds very painful and awful. The only painkillers I found that would provide relief was topical ibuprofen, but it was easy to overdose on it by slapping it on for several days running. Also co-codamol is pretty strong, I would take that too if it was really bad. Both available at pharmacy, which should still be open?

More
4 years 1 month ago #5354 by Simomax

I don't post these with any truth guarantee. Fast moving situation.
We'll find out in due course if it's fake. Please continue checking and commenting :)

I know. We are all doing our best. I just don't want anyone to take offence if I do contradict. Things are moving so fast it's hard to catch breath between new news. It's hard to tell what is true news and what is hyped up for clicks and likes, so generally I do read some of the content if not most in the articles just to make sure it's not BS. And I have seen a few BS stories so far. I do try and stay away from twitter and facebook though as they are rife with misinformation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds