× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago #5322 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Its madness!

My wife was booked in at her dentist to have a tooth re-filled. A filling came out about 2 weeks ago so she booked in to get it sorted. She is in a lot of pain with it at the moment as it looks to have gotten infected and you can see the swelling, so clearly it is something I would consider for the emergency dentist. Anyway, she got a text today stating that all appointments are cancelled. She tried phoning them for over two hours, but the line was busy all the time so she jumped on a bus (which are all still running in Blackpool) and went there.
They (the 3 women receptionists at the dentist) had barricaded themselves in using all the chairs in the waiting room and my wife had to shout through the door across the waiting room. My wife was told, sorry no dentist for you. When she explained it was an emergency as she is in a lot of pain and loosing sleep they told her, sorry but there is no emergency dentist either! When my wife told them that the Govt. hadn't indicated that health places should close they had no answer. So what to do?

She then went to various pharmacies to try and get some painkillers and out of the 6 pharmacies she went to, none had the pain killers she wants/needs and has had to try some others. You know, the ones no one buys, probably because they are useless.

I mean, like, WTF?

Don't get ill! Just don't. Because you will struggle for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5323 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Time for some amateur dentistry.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-O-C-Custom-Tooth-Filling-Repair-Kit-Denture-Reliner-Repair-Lost-Fillings/222722967709?epid=1504146500&hash=item33db52c89d:m:mW8KsL4OgES8XJOAsCWlrdQ

Prepare work area, bright light into mouth.

Prepare the cavity. If you have air hose, use that to blow out any crap inside and have a good pick around to get everything out. The cavity needs to be sterilised. The dentist usually drills out the hole a bit larger, but you can't. Use something fairly strong but bearable in the mouth for a while. Rinse and resterilise. Then rinse and apply the filling. Bite together to form the upper part of the filling.

If you do a good job, it'll last for ages.

I'd add if it has got infected, the dying and infected tooth pulp needs to be removed. This will be very painful. Probably the most pain that can be tolerated is where you should aim when physically cleaning it out. Sorry to wife. ALCOHOL

NB. I'm not a dentist, I don't know anything about dentistry. This is just what I would do if I had no other choice.

It would also be wise to look out for signs of infection in the tooth after the work. Of course, you will be told within a few days...
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by mw0uzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5324 by Simomax

Time for some amateur dentistry.

Good call Dan, thanks. But, there is no way on Earth she would let me poke at her teeth, especially without anesthesia. If it were me, no problemo, but not my missus. I'd need to clamp her mouth open and restrain her head to stop her chomping my fingers off!

I have however ordered a couple of kits. I may be able to talk her around, will see how much pain she gets from it. I actually ordered a different kit as the one you suggested seemed to get bad reviews of late.
This is the kit I ordered: Dentek Dental First Aid Kit - Applicator, Tooth Saver, Temporary Filling
And I also ordered some veterinary Lidocaine Spray 10%. If it is good enough for dogs, it'll do me! Veterinary Lidocaine Spray 10% 0.67oz 20ml Pain Relief Temporary Numbing Pets
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5325 by Simomax
Grr. I don't know what is up with this forum and me today, but it isn't posting ebay links, just putting this at the top of the post:
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

More
4 years 1 month ago #5326 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
ebay and twitter you have to manually create the link in the editor with the toolbar button.
Please post the links, as I will get some.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5327 by Simomax
I couldn't get the ebay link to work at all using the ebay button on the toolbar. I had to use the url button instead.
Here are the links:
Dentek Dental First Aid Kit - Applicator, Tooth Saver, Temporary Filling
Veterinary Lidocaine Spray 10% 0.67oz 20ml Pain Relief Temporary Numbing Pets

And as Dan said, I'm no dentist either, nor doctor. So use this at your own risk.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds