× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago #5287 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
This is so fantastically awful already. Why not add the cherry on top. Could this escalate into WW3?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5288 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
:woohoo: :woohoo: WW3! Damn man, that's a kinda drastic thought. No, I don't think so. I think every country (govt.) is shitting themselves about their own country so war is low on their list of priorities.

That with the pictures of younger people's lungs. Nasty. It is probably a little late but I have just ordered a blood oxygen monitor. Just in case

More
4 years 1 month ago #5289 by Simomax
Have a watch of this video if you have time. It is 34mins long. Everything she says is right. The problem is the people, not the virus per se. People are freaking out and that is what has caused panic. Its a feedback loop, people get scared, go do shit they normally wouldn't, get more scared in the process, go do more shit they normally wouldn't, get even more scared..... and so on. The news, TV, facebook, twitter is feeding all of this info, some good, some not so good, and people are seeing the worst. The shear speed of what is developing at our feet is quite fantastic and something we haven't seen before and people are not prepared. So they are trying to prep and walking right back into that feedback loop again. Try to prep, go the shop, chaos, no bread! PANIC! Its people causing this.

Unless people get a grip on this shit, like those in Italy, singing etc. then they are going to use up all of their energy on being depressed and panicking, and trying to do stuff they normally don't, and failing half the time. If people just shut the fuck up and sat down for a day, and planned carefully instead of freaking at the latest tweet or facebook post, they could rise above it all. Getting caught up emotionally and mentally in all of this will drain your energy quick, cause depression and lower your immune system. You NEED your immune system to be as good as you can get right now. It starts with a decent state of mind. From what I have seen, what I have read, your immune system will be the one thing that decides on what happens if you do get COVID-19. And there is a high possibility of that. Calm down, have a cup of tea, stop watching the TV and rise above it, be happy with yourself, get on as best you can and treat your immune system to some good food whilst you can, and you will be OK. ;)

That is aimed at everyone. :)

Oh, ya that video:

I have watched loads of their videos. Some are very good, And her voice is like silk. So easy to watch. Enjoy if you do watch it. And be happy! :cheer:

More
4 years 1 month ago #5290 by Simomax
'We are in a war against an invisible killer': Matt Hancock says the NHS will cancel or delay non-emergency operations to help free up staff and beds to help with coronavirus battle as death toll rises
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8118237/NHS-axe-non-emergency-operations-help-free-staff-beds-help-coronavirus-battle.html

More
4 years 1 month ago #5291 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
The UK only realised "in the last few days" that attempts to "mitigate" the coronavirus pandemic would not work
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

No shit sherlock. FIRE THOSE THAT HAVE PROPOSED IT AND WASTED TIME

More
4 years 1 month ago #5292 by Simomax
This is so sad. This is what we don't want to happen elsewhere.

Coronavirus-hit Italy warns those aged 80 or older 'will be left to die'

Italians over the age of 80 will be denied intensive care as the healthcare system groans under thousands of coronavirus cases.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/coronavirus-hit-italy-warns-those-21702596

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds