× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago #5255 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
There is a bit of contradiction to that tweet further down in the replies stating other Seattle workers haven't seen what he describes. That's not to say it isn't true, but there is nothing to back it up. However there is one reply stating that is just how things were in Wuhan. Honestly I think it is anyone's guess without proof. I'm trying to keep an open view on this. Shit is bad, there is no doubting that. It is the worst I have seen this country in all my life, but I have also seen people cashing in on this in both monetary forms and clicks and likes so I take everything with a pinch of salt unless I see it with my own eyes. That includes the stuff I'm posting too. It is good to have the info though, without doubt. We will eventually find out what is/has been real and what hasn't.
In the mean time the best thing to do is look after yourself and your close ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5256 by Simomax
Very interesting video interview from Joe Rogan with Infectious Disease Expert Michael Osterholm - How Serious is the Coronavirus? Infectious Disease Expert Michael Osterholm Explains | Joe Rogan

More
4 years 1 month ago #5257 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Ok deleted that tweet. Looks like it was BS or ahead of its time.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5258 by Simomax
The wayback machine caught up and I got that missing number from the total tested. It has .....(I'm struggling to find words to make a fluent sentence). Look at the numbers. The total daily infected is considerably lower because the amount of people tested is considerably lower. I guess this is a result of their 'we are going to stop testing'. I'll keep grabbing the numbers and see what picture they paint. It's not looking pretty though.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5259 by Simomax
No, I can't be right as test results do not come out on the same day as the tests are performed. It is 1-2 days from what I recall of prior news. I'm tired right now so brain not running 100%, but I think with some number fudging i.e. overlaying the total tested from a day or so ago over the results today, should give a better indication as to test rate to confirmed rate. I could also do with a few more days data as more data = more stable results. But.... you can only piss with the cock you got. Time for bed.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5261 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Lets see what comes out at 2pm today. Saw an article on drive through testing in wales being closed down.

Sounds like they're winding down testing.

Staff probably moved to hospital frontline.

The data to inspect now will be deaths in icu or from pneumonia. We'll find out in due course how they will report.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds