× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago #5396 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
No one out drinking on Friday?
Consultant was on LBC radio saying it was busy and people were dying in his hospital in London. I'll find the link

It hasn't kicked off there yet? Not enough cases yet?

It seems quite bizarre, like they have it set up for something that hasn't happened yet and seem unable to deal with things on a case by case basis?

Definitely head scratching.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5397 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Is this the link you was after?

Yes, definitely bizarre. I have been looking at todays numbers on my chart as I didn't pay any attention earlier. 30% of people tested were positive. The amount of people tested was waaaay down today. At 30%, if the number of tests conducted today was the same as yesterday, we would have an increase of 2500 confirmed cases today. Why were there so few tests today? (today = Friday 20th)

This is speculation, but I think they know the blue touch paper is lit and they are waiting for it to go boom. But, they aren't saying anything publicly because there would be wide spread panic, to the tune of possibly looting for supplies. They are being very selective with the numbers given to the public and only really giving totals, but not showing the trends. Im not sure if you are aware but any video uploaded to YouTube (this doesn't include MSM) that mentions coronavirus is instantly demonitsed. People have been resorting to calling it things like 'human malware' so their videos don't get hit. They are trying to hide something I think. Are we the next Italy?
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5398 by Simomax

Except for essential services, all New Yorkers are now ordered to stay indoors for up to 90 days from 8pm Sunday evening.

“These provisions will be enforced. These are not helpful hints. This is not if you really want to be a great citizen. These are legal provisions,”

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/20/new-york-90-day-stay-home-order-what-it-means

Damn. 90 days.......

More
4 years 1 month ago #5399 by Simomax
Kung Flu Fighting (parody)

More
4 years 1 month ago #5400 by Simomax
I was a bit out of it yesterday so I missed this. At least the detail anyway.

So I see they have shut pretty much all pubs, gyms and other venues for the next month. Food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies are unaffected. Take away food places are doing delivery only. Though I'm not sure in the current situation I would be getting fast food delivered as I have no idea on the hygiene of the place preparing the food. I think it is necessary with the current state of things. Hopefully it will slow the spread of the virus, but I think its too late and they should have done this two weeks ago.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5401 by Simomax
Coronavirus: 'What's coming is extremely big' - UK consultant says outbreak could be worse than in Italy
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-whats-coming-is-extremely-big-uk-consultant-says-outbreak-could-be-worse-than-in-italy-11960994

No shit Sherlock. I have been saying it for days. If this does explode all over then I blame one person only, BoJo the Clown. It really boggles the mind and I keep coming back to the thought 'it's like they wanted it to happen'. All being well, the spread should really slow now but we have literally 2 weeks to catch up on with infected people.

I just heard on sky news on TV that Russia have been saying that kung flu is a bio weapon created by the US, and saying it is fake news. So that is the US saying it is Chinese, but both China and Russia saying it is US. Hmmm.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds