× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago #5432 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Oh noes!!! Breaking news!!!
'THE TIME HAS COME' ITV suspends filming of Coronation Street and Emmerdale amid coronavirus pandemic
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11228829/itv-suspends-filming-coronation-street-emmerdale/

Clearly this is the end!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5433 by Simomax

Ms Sturgeon said: "life should not feel normal", and if it did, you should ask "if you are doing the right things".

Best thing she has said. Anyone that thinks their life is normal right now is not doing the right thing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51995360

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5434 by Simomax
Its getting worse. If this continues I suspect loads of police will be called in to stand guard at supermarkets. And if there aren't enough police then probably the army. I think a load of people need to be arrested and charged before this madness will calm down. This is completely unacceptable.

Fights broke out and NHS workers walked away fearing for their health as over 1,000 Tesco shoppers queued at a time reserved for hospital workers, say witnesses.
Shocking video and photos show hundreds of people standing close to each other as they ignored pleas to social distance during the coronavirus pandemic.
The shop in Dudley, West Midlands, opened at 9am for NHS staff only, but many healthcare workers, hoping to get supplies after long shifts on the front line of the Covid-19 fight, left before the doors opened because the huge crowd posed a risk to their health.
One NHS worker called it a "disgrace".
Witnesses said shoppers were "fighting" and "panicked", and there was a "deep crush" at the door.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-tesco-shoppers-fight-crush-21733637
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5435 by Simomax
Coronavirus: 11 more deaths take UK total to 244
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-seven-more-die-in-wales-uk-total-now-240-11961829
244 deaths now in UK, but numbers not officially out yet. I'm starting to see they are usually updated on the official website around 18:00. I'll update my chart when they are published.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5436 by radmonadmin
Replied by radmonadmin on topic Wuhan coronavirus

Grrrr. Lost a long reply. I forgot to ctrl+a and ctrl+c.

Session expired? It could be my browser as I'm running brave and it blocks lots of cookies and stuff although I have allowed all for radmon.org.

Yeah this got me earlier to, it's really annoying me. Trying to find a way to fix it...
I've tried a longer session time which works a bit better but breaks users online etc.
Now will try a shorter time - I think this is interacting with apache being restarted every so often due to bug in apache version.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by radmonadmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

More
4 years 1 month ago #5437 by Simomax
FACING THE WORST Britain now exactly two weeks behind Italy where one patient is now dying of bug every two minutes
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5413666/britain-now-exactly-two-weeks-behind-italy-where-one-patient-is-now-dying-of-bug-every-two-minutes/
Scary numbers!

This from Blackpool Gazette (you need to register but I managed to pull the text from the page) - J4 of M55 is about 2/3 of a mile from the store.
Traffic backing up 'as far as junction 4' of M55 as shoppers queue for Tesco in Blackpool

Traffic backing up 'as far as junction 4' of M55 as shoppers queue for Tesco in Blackpool
Traffic has been building up to junction 4 of the M55 as shoppers queue to get into Tesco in Clifton Retail Park.
By Sean Gleaves
Sunday, 22nd March 2020, 12:56 pm

Police warned motorists to avoid Preston New Road in Blackpool "unless absolutely essential" as traffic had been building up as far as junction 4 of the M55 this morning (March 22).

The congestion is due to shoppers trying to get to Tesco on Clifton Retail Park today (March 22), according to police.

A spokesperson for Lancashire Police said: "Traffic on Preston New Road at Blackpool is currently backing up as far as junction 4 of the M55 as shoppers are trying to get to Tesco on Clifton Retail Park prior to the store being open.

At a briefing on Saturday, Environment Secretary George Eustice urged people to "be responsible" when shopping and to "think of others."

"Buying more than you need means others may be left without," he said.

The head of the British Retail Consortium, Helen Dickinson, said: "There is plenty of food in the supply chain."

"The issue is around people and lorries" getting food onto shelves quick enough, she said.

People took to Twitter to express their concerns at the situation that was unfolding in Blackpool this morning.

One person said: "Madness! They should be getting in then out! Apparently the queue in Blackpool is up to the M55!

Another worried shopper stated: "It’s scary. I’m stood away from people in the queue but it’s irrelevant when people are squeezing in and literally touching to get products."

It is understood Mr Johnson will be speaking to the leading supermarket chains to see what the Government can do to ensure the shelves remain stocked and the supply chains can cope with the demand.

The Road Haulage Association has also welcomed an announcement by the Department of Transport to relax the working hours for drivers for a month from March 23 until April 21.

Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's and Asda have announced a golden shopping hour for NHS and social care workers, so they can join older and vulnerable shoppers in having less competition for restocked shelves.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds