radmon.org testing new server!

More
8 years 11 months ago #1063 by mw0uzo
It's online! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1064 by Bert490
The map seems to load way faster, even on my cellphone. Very nice!

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1076 by mw0uzo
I tested the backup procedure.
It took 10 minutes to create the backup and compress it down to 2.5Gb, during which the server had to be paused. I suppose this is acceptable once a week, e.g at 4am, for zero downtime a different method would be needed, more like the method used on the old server (rsync). I think I will probably use both, in case one doesn't work for some unforeseen reason. rsync more regularly and image snapshot once a week? yes.. that seems sensible.

Two kind radmon users have offered some space for off-site backups - thank you! These will be rsync backups to minimise traffic and whoever gets the images they will be 'sparse' and updated --inplace. Reading up about it all now.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1078 by Frank
Would this explain the "Error submitting CPM value to Radmon" that I see on my message window? Just happen to check to see how stuff was running and noticed the errors. FTP'ing to my site ok, just to Radmon. :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #1086 by mw0uzo
Yes it probably would, the backup process should have only taken the server down for a short while, but it took it down for 10 minutes. Not sure why this was yet, the script claims downtime is only a few seconds. I must be doing something wrong...

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1120 by mw0uzo
Sorting out the backup today. Working on the local backup, system, files and mysql databases. Then backing all that up to my workshop machine. Then the necessary parts to the remote backup locations. So you may notice some network activity today! The server may need to be restarted so there might be a few minutes downtime.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by mw0uzo.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds