radmon.org testing new server!

More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #1041 by mw0uzo
Trying another attempt at transferring the server to a VM today. A few silly things have tripped me up the last few attempts. The last attempt was scuppered by failure to copy the permissions of files properly. I used cp instead of the worked-out, tried and tested rsync command. I realised late into the process and abandoned it in disgust! Hopefully this attempt will work properly. If it works, I will activate the server for long enough to check all the functions then move back to the original machine.

I am very tempted to use the opportunity to move to the new server - but the main disk is not set up in RAID with another disk and the disk itself is not trusted.
Two new HDs will needed to complete the move, I will order these soon - two Seagate 2TB SSHDs. These are around £170 total so please consider donating if you use radmon.org and have not already donated. Thank you! :)
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by mw0uzo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #1043 by mw0uzo
Ok it works! Back on the original server now. The difference is huge (10x+ speedup for time consuming tasks?).The graphs on the map markers are drawn instantly. The detailed graphs on the userpage are drawn within a second or two! Success! This will allow on demand drawing of detailed graphs, automatically updated say every 10m/30m or whatever seems sensible.

More
9 years 6 days ago #1044 by mw0uzo
HDs ordered.

More
9 years 6 days ago #1048 by Frank
Everything running ok here. I see a flat line gap in my readings, was checking the forum for service interrupts, didn't see anything lately unless I missed it. Rechecked my log and didn't see any errors at all going back into 4/11 but guessing it was some PC work going on. :)

More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #1050 by mw0uzo
Thanks for the report, the new server was not on for very long to avoid a big gap in everyone's readings. It was really fast! The new HDs should arrive on Tuesday, so maybe can get it running and live next week!

More
9 years 6 days ago #1051 by Frank
Yup, I see that now and was checking others and see the same, small gap was there and it was. Wanted to make sure it wasn't my pc having issues. B)

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds