radmon.org testing new server!

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #877 by mw0uzo
Yeah its OK, still ironing out little bugs here and there. The main issues have been sorted, fixed a few problems with new stations today and added a better chat box to the bottom of the main page. Fibre internet has been ordered to provide decent upload bandwidth and the search for some decent hardware to make the proper server is underway. Once all this is done, radmon.org will be set for years to come and will never have to pay ridiculous amounts for a dedicated server. :)

There may be some outages on the 31st March while the fibre is installed, 6hrs max I would have thought.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by mw0uzo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #886 by mw0uzo
The server hardware has been purchased! :woohoo: I love winning auctions!
Some awesome hardware for not much money! Will share the specs later on.

More
9 years 1 week ago #887 by Frank
Yahoooo :woohoo: hoping that some of the donations helped you out Dan :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

More
9 years 1 week ago #891 by mw0uzo
Got two servers

1) Twin Xeon 5530 2.4Ghz, 8 cores, 24Gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro graphics card, 4 HD bays and 1 slim DVD drive 1U unit, This was a surprise win.
2) 4 core i7 920 2.66GHz, 12Gb RAM, 2U unit.

The i7 will be rebuilt into a new 2U short depth rack case that will fit in my rack unit. and form the main server. Two SSDs will be added as a system and backup disk.

If I can find somewhere to install the twin xeon, then that might be the main server instead.

The donations have certainly helped toward the cost of the fibre and hardware. Thank you to all who have donated so far, keep the small amounts coming it would be great to cover the cost of the hardware in a few months. Then the rest can go towards the fibre costs.

The beefier hardware will allow a lot more on demand data processing and graph drawing etc and also will be able to handle surges in demand. :cheer:

More
9 years 1 week ago #911 by mw0uzo
Going to get the servers on Saturday. Its a long journey
But its 240 miles from here, so long journey ahead..
Can't wait to get them back here though B)

More
9 years 1 week ago #913 by Juzzie
courier?

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds