radmon.org testing new server!

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #830 by mw0uzo
GODDAMMIT. It fell over about 40 mins after I went to sleep. Filesystem error, caused ro filesystem. Fsck repaired on reboot, nothing defninite in the logs, no changed smart data or bad sectors shown. Bad data cable or failing controller? Wow, this is ridiculous. :pinch:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by mw0uzo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #831 by mw0uzo
Ok different mobo/proc fitted. Replaced HD data cables.

More
9 years 1 month ago #837 by mw0uzo
Well you might laugh at this. I did not change the PSU because it was new, unused, a spare I bought a few years ago. Anyway the latest setup froze and segfaulted when it had previously passed a good round of memtest in the workshop, on a different PSU. So I swapped out the PSU. Ha, I think every component has been swapped out in this process.

Very very frustrating.

Again time will tell if this stays up. Something else that needs to be done is to configure Apache so it serves multiple websites so I can move my other websites onto the server. This will need some playing with the config files, so you may encounter some errors loading radmon.org when I do it.

More
9 years 1 month ago #839 by mw0uzo
It's alive! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juzzie

More
9 years 1 month ago #840 by Juzzie

It's alive! :lol:

Yes!!
Nice job Dan. :cheer:

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #841 by mw0uzo
Its survived the night and day now so things are looking more promising.
Almost got email working properly, hopefully just one annoying snag left to fix. If anyone wants a This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. email address let me know.
Still not got Shared Data working with RadLog yet, got the component parts of it working but its not working from the program for some reason. It might only be fixed with a new RadLog release, so in the meantime disable shared data in RadLog until further notice.

Configuring all this stuff is a PITA, hopefully I will get it fixed over the next few days. Then I can get back onto RadLog v0.42.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by mw0uzo.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds