radmon.org testing new server!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #794 by mw0uzo
Ok intense file activity showed up a bad HD in the backup set, so server was up and down while I removed it from the system. Glad this showed up now and not later, and it wasn't the main system disk!
Also completing backups onto other disks, discovered the 'nice' command so now the operations aren't slowing the server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tcall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #796 by mw0uzo
Had to reboot and force fsck across the working disks. All OK now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThibmoRozier, tcall

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #801 by mw0uzo
Well today has been a busy day working on the server. Replaced the bad disks, backed up to them and configured the backups to be bootable and GRUB'd. Did some work to make it quieter, graphics card without fan, fan controller running case fans on low speed. Got some other services partially working, still quite a bit of fiddling to do. Almost got Shared Data working again.

I'm pretty confident that the server will be alive when I check it tomorrow morning. Ahem. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tcall

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #803 by mw0uzo
Ok.... So about an hours worth of downtime today due to something wrong. I fixed another problem with the backups. Cron does not execute commands exactly like the bash shell does!!! I made some modifications and tested the backups again earlier today and they have actually worked properly ... at last. Seventeenth time lucky?

Now, can I get this Shared Data and email alerts finally working...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, tcall

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #807 by Frank
Geez Dan, you have had your hands full there !! And worse, I was still using the link I had all along and haven't seen anything posted and nothing from you either, was thinking the worse :ohmy: Then just a short time ago, the RSS feed stated that Marc had posted something and there was a link in it and I clicked on it and just realized that its on another one now. I was behind the whole time and had no idea it address had been switched and missed out on 4 days of your postings, feel bad now. At this time, it came up pretty fast unlike it was a few days ago, slow load and drawing time. Glad to see progress moving along, hang in there ! and I will be on this one for now on. B)

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #809 by mw0uzo
Hey Frank, wb ;)

Yes, that websitehome address is from the early days of the new site. And probably would have given you weird problems with the forum. :huh:
Glad to hear the website is working quicker, that means the current solution to the hosting problem is the way forward for cost effective operations. I am glad a solution has been found, I was worried for a bit there!

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds