My geiger doesn't seem connected

More
7 months 1 day ago #6726 by Danielgeiger
I'm going to connect it to the Arduino. According to the drawing you sent me, it connects to GND and PULSE, but I'm not sure which Arduino pin is referred to as PULSE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 day ago - 7 months 23 hours ago #6727 by steadramon
Assuming your WiFi connected and you're in the Web interface? The arduino board isn't needed - everything is done by the ESP8266 D1 Mini and the Counter.

Connect the Pulse (actually marked VIN on Cajoe counters) from the Geiger Counter to D7 on the ESP8266. Connect the GND from the Geiger Counter to GND on the ESP8266. You can connect the 5V if you're not powering the ESP8266 by USB.
Last edit: 7 months 23 hours ago by steadramon.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #6736 by Danielgeiger
You say that the Arduino is not necessary, so how do I connect with Radmon?, the key and password are in the Arduino code.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #6737 by Simomax
You don't need the Arduino IDE. The settings are done form the web interface. Browse to your ESPGeiger, click 'settings', scroll down and fill in the radmon.org part. Don't forget to put a tick in 'Send' box, and untick anything you are not using.

Attachments:

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #6738 by Danielgeiger
this is my panell:

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #6739 by Simomax
Press the 'Configure WiFi' button and connect it to your WiFi at home. Then browse to it on your home WiFi and you will get the main menu.

Make a note of where it says 'ESPGeiger-XXXXXX' at the top. Then once it is connected to your home WiFi browse to http://espgeiger-XXXXXX.local, where XXXXXX are the numbers and letters at the top of your page.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds