× RadLog

Report measurements to APRS via internet (only internet,not HF)

More
2 years 2 months ago #5994 by mw0uzo
Can you post or PM me or email me mycall at gmail.com a screenshot of the packet with all the data in, user, key, display string etc.

There might be a clue in there as to why it's not working or being accepted by the APRS server.

RadLog does have a non-functioning radio beacon mode that generates audio packets, but there is a mistake somewhere in the implementation that means it fails to be decoded.

Several years ago, I looked for help in trying to decode the packet at a low level with linux packet radio tools to find the mistake but was unsuccessful.

Perhaps if I work backwards from my code, explaining what it does and someone else works forward from the packet radio spec we can identify what might be wrong?

The other thing I can think of is if there are any IP range bans on the APRS server that is affecting you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #5995 by gw7eri
Hi,
I've just ordered a GQ500+ counter, which I hope will be delivered later this week! I have also downloaded Radlog 4.3 onto a win10 pc. Once I have it set up I will have a go at sending APRS beacons again and let you know. The setup I used to have was a 'Netio GC' which connected to the PC via usb. I was also able to use that on Raspberry Pi ok for both Radmon site and APRS.
Good luck in the mean time!
vb 73's
Alex
GW7ERI
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

More
2 years 2 months ago #5996 by gw7eri
Hi again,
The only other thing I have thought of at the moment is are you behind a VPN? I know when I turn mine on here it blocks my emails....
Best 73s for now and will let you know how I get on setting up the new equipment once it arrives.
Alex
GW7ERI

More
2 years 2 months ago #5997 by gw7eri
PS - sorry, should have added that would mask the IP address possibly ??
Best 73's
Alex
GW7ERI

More
2 years 2 months ago #5998 by DG5BAA
Hello Alex !

I've already thought of that, but I'm not currently using a VPN or corporate network.

Thanks for the idea!

Cu
Carsten

More
2 years 2 months ago #5999 by DG5BAA
Daniel !I just sent you an email with a report.

Cu
Carsten

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds