× RadLog

Report measurements to APRS via internet (only internet,not HF)

More
2 years 3 months ago #5981 by gw7eri
Hi Carsten,
Win 10 is very particular about hardware drivers. I wouldn't worry about android if you are trying to get your Radmon transmitting on Win 10. Google 'Put Win10 into Test Mode' and follow the instructions. There is a risk though because it bypasses Windows certification for drivers.
I am guessing Win10 does not like the drivers for your hardware. Personally I would try and get APRS software running ok on your Win10 PC first using APRSIS program. |You can uninstall it later if you don't want it. That will prove you can get a signal out from your QTH via your hardware. Use a different SSID for each device you connect to distinguish between them. Radmon does work fine on APRS as you have seen and as Daniel mentioned.
Hope this helps and best of luck,
Alex
GW7ERI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #5982 by gw7eri
PS,
You may also try running the program (Radmon) in Win7 compatibility mode?
Best of luck!
Alex
GW7ERI

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #5983 by DG5BAA
Thank you for your help !I'm just trying out the Win7 compatibility mode and if I get stuck I will install a new Windows
7 on my time calculator to see if it could be due to Windows 10.
Interestingly, my password is confirmed to the server T2czech but I cannot see my callsign as a user on the server:

http://czech.aprs2.net:14501/

There you can also see the logged in users and the software used - but I'm not there ...

CU
Carsten,DG5BAA
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by DG5BAA.

More
2 years 3 months ago #5984 by gw7eri
No problem at all Carsten... I know my Radmon did work on a win10 machine (different hardware to yours) but I also know other hardware (my AIS for ships and also ADS-B flight radar) are blocked by the Win10 driver certification rules...
May be a clue?
vb 73's
Alex
GW7ERI

More
2 years 3 months ago #5985 by DG5BAA
Hallo !

I once set up Windows 7 and installed UI-View32, then sent my location with the computer. With UI-View32, it is possible to broadcast my location.
But RadLog 0.43 still doesn't want ...The Port 14580 is open and my login data are correct can it be that
the format in my coordinations are wrong ?
So if someone still has an idea, he can write it!
73 and 55
Carsten,DG5BAA

More
2 years 3 months ago #5986 by gw7eri
Hi Carsten,
That is a good start! At least we know your PC can make contact with APRS servers.
How about trying to remove Radmon and reinstall it just in case something got broken?
Best 73's
Alex
GW7ERI

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds