The radmon.org radbox-20

More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #1058 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic The radmon.org radbox-20

I'm running Win8.1 64bit, but my process is teeny-weeny :lol: only an AMD E1-1200.

Dan to test your theory about windows not giving the audio sampling thread a high enough priority, I've gone into "task manager", then "details", then right clicked on "RadLog.exe", then clicked "set priority" to "high".

I'll keep an eye on this over the next few days and see if the night time dip disappears for good.

No sign of the dip returning, so I think Windows is the culprit in not assigning the audio sampling thread a high enough priority by default.

Great news! Thanks for that you saved me some head-scratching. :lol:
With a little luck it should be easy to alter the priority of the audio sampling thread. I am hoping it can be done without admin prompt
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by mw0uzo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 12 hours ago #1073 by bethsalem
Replied by bethsalem on topic The radmon.org radbox-20
Some oddness noted :blink:

At the beginning of the first, minor, thunderstorm the equipment was switched off as I have had electrical items fried over the years in previous thunderstorms. When I switched back on all was well and working normally. For the second storm, which, unlike the first, was accompanied by moderate rain for about 20 minutes, this odd behaviour occurred once the Radbox was switched back on again :S

I don't think it's radiation related, although the casing of the Radbox had dried rainfall residue on it. I'm a bit panicky that I didn't switch everything off before the electrical activity in the environment ramped up and some sensitive components may have been adversely affected :( I'll keep an eye on it over the next 24 hours.
Attachments:

More
9 years 4 hours ago - 9 years 4 hours ago #1077 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic The radmon.org radbox-20
Just checked the graph a few hours after your report. Looks like its settled back to its usual place, good news. Hopefully nothing to worry about :)
Last edit: 9 years 4 hours ago by mw0uzo.

More
9 years 4 hours ago #1079 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic The radmon.org radbox-20
That was strange, almost looked it took out something but Dan stated it looks like it came back.. haven't checked the chart yet. :huh:

More
9 years 4 hours ago #1080 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic The radmon.org radbox-20
Geez, I can't even find you on the map. Dan, is there a way that when we read someones post, then if we click on their name, it will takes us to their station on the map, then click on it again and it will give us the chart of that station. :blink:

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1159 by bethsalem
Replied by bethsalem on topic The radmon.org radbox-20

I'm not sure if this is either a hardware, software of Windows issue :S

Yesterday when I was away from my pc the cpm dropped fairly dramatically and then trickled along fairly steadily until I closed and restarted RadMon v0.41. After the restart normality returned. I have no idea what went squirrelly or why :unsure:
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bethsalem. Reason: attachment failed to attach

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds