Corentium Canary Radon Detector

More
7 years 7 months ago #2514 by Guillaume
To Juzzie : no problem, the Canary came back to life as soon as I put it back in a 'normal' room. My story happened in june.

Later, when the basements became less humid (after weeks of rain had stopped and the sun had came back again) I could have some right measurments in the basements.

And they were soooo bad, like 2 800 bq/m3 one summer day. But that was no surprise. I knew that since may.

I dedicated my summer to work in the basements, creating a second floor, this second floor being isolated from the basements itself with a Monarflex anti radon membrane. This sub floor (of about 10 centimetres) under the basements is permanently sucked out of the house thanks to a fan (bye bye radon and humidity).

Since a month that my work is achieved, I have an average 150 bq/m3 in the basement (according to one week recordings with the canary).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2515 by Juzzie
good work in your basement - success!

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2587 by bethsalem
The summer is well and truly over as the basement radon levels begin their climb up to the winter maximum.

This afternoon, the Canary, which has now been measuring continuously for five months, gave - 1 day 279Bq/m3 - 7 day 307Bq/m3 - long term 200Bq/m3.

In the past fortnight the long term average has gone up from 180Bq/m3 to 200Bq/m3. From the beginning of July until near the end of September it had flat-lined at around the 180Bq.m3 level.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds