Corentium Canary Radon Detector

More
7 years 10 months ago #2198 by bethsalem
I now have the key and exclusive use of one of the basement rooms in my apartment building for at least the next month. :)

I have now reset the Canary and it's on a table in the centre of the room. I'll take one reading each day and post my results here. The last time I took a reading in this room it was over a 48 hour period and the radon level was 220 Bq/m3. That was sometime ago and as it's now summer I would expect the radon levels to have dropped naturally, but I'm still looking forward to seeing the radon level after a month, rather than just 48 hours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2236 by bethsalem
Okay, the first week of readings from the Canary in the basement.

Obviously higher levels of radon here than in my upstairs apartment, which is what you would expect. The first 48 hours level is lower than the one taken some time back. Something like 90Bq/m3 now and 220Bq/m3 then. Again not unexpected as we enter the period of a Mediterranean summer.

What can I say about the rise from the 3rd to 4th June? The only environmental change I noted was that the humidity levels increased from around an average of 52% to 72% in that 24 hour period due to a short burst of rain,

Attachments:

More
7 years 10 months ago #2249 by bethsalem
Just an update

Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #2343 by bethsalem
After a further two weeks, making it 29 days in total since I started measuring the radon level in the basement office, the long-term average continues to rise (87 Bq/m3 to 167 Bq/m3). This is not what I had expected. I thought that during the summer months the level would decrease not increase.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2348 by Fenton112
Nice man. I work in an old building and when I bring my counter to work I get higher CPM

More
7 years 9 months ago #2373 by bethsalem
Another update. I've not been able to take daily readings for a while now, but that only affects how the radon level rises and falls on a daily basis, and doesn't affect either the 7day or long-term averages.

Attachments:

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds