Corentium Canary Radon Detector

More
7 years 9 months ago #2191 by Guillaume
I've bought a basic canary monitor about 15 days ago.

I've measured radon in the living room, bedrooms. average 150 bq/m3.

I've put it in the basements, which are the heaviest contaminated rooms in the house (according to measurments made by 3 dosimeters during 2 months).

The very strange result when I came back today was : 0 bq/m3.

Do you think that can be related with the fact that a too high humidity rate can make the canary function badly ? because it is very humid in the basements.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2192 by Gamma-Man
Do you have an idea of the humidity level in the basement. "very" does not say so much.

Carl

Edit:
Found this on https://store.corentium.com/eu/eu-digital-radon-monitors/canary-digital-radon-monitor.html
Operating conditions
Temperature: 4 °C to +40 °C
Relative humidity < 85%
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gamma-Man.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2193 by Guillaume
Thanks for your answer.

Most of the time 80 %, a value that is under 85 %.

Do you know what happens when it goes beyond 85 % ? Does it turn off, or does it display this 0 % value ?

More
7 years 9 months ago #2195 by Gamma-Man
Maybe a quick question on Corentiums contact sheet will give you the answer?
https://corentium.com/contact/

More
7 years 9 months ago #2196 by Guillaume
I sent an email yesterday.

They told me to reset the Canary and try again. And to send them an email if it does not work.

I'll tell you what's next.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2197 by bethsalem
The Quick Start guide that came with the Canary states that the humidity levels should be less than 85%. Also the operating temperature range is 4C to 40C.

An odd quirk of the Canary is that it has a hook recess on the back to hang it on a wall, BUT Corentium says that it will sometimes give weird readings if it's operating in an upright position for long periods, so it should be laid flat with the lcd screen facing upwards when it's in use.

Also, are you using the batteries supplied with it, or have you used other? Again it's only meant to use alkaline 1.5V batteries which should be kept in the Canary until they're exhausted and need replacing. Taking them in and out, or using non-alkaline, or mixing old and new batteries can lead to odd readings too.

Hopefully yours just needs to be reset for it to be working again.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds