Corentium Canary Radon Detector

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2428 by bethsalem
The measurements from the past month, split into 7day and long-term averages, accurate to plus or minus 14Bq/m3, according to Corentium's Radon Self Inspection Report

The measurements from 30th May until 22nd July, again split into 7day and long-term averages, accurate to plus or minus 14Bq/m3, according to Corentium's Radon Self Inspection Report

Why there would be a steady, if slight rise, in Radon concentration during the Summer months, when the perceived wisdom is that if there are no changes to the surroundings, then the Radon level falls naturally during this season, I don't know.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by bethsalem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2454 by bethsalem
The level of radon seems to have stabilised in the basement room as the long-term average for the last month has never strayed from 176 to 180 Bq/m3

More
7 years 7 months ago #2508 by Guillaume
a few months has passed.

and yes, it was a humidity problem that made the canary doesn't work.

when the humidity rate is beyond 85 % the bq/m3 rate states 0 bq/m3.

that's the way it shows that it doesn't normally work anymore.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2509 by Juzzie
If you put the device in a warm dry place, maybe in the sun, for a few days it could come back to life...

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2510 by Bert490
My guess is that the high voltage tube supply circuitry must somehow get diverted if the air is humid, as humid air is more conductive. I don't know this detector, but there may be small gaps inside between wires or traces with little or no solid insulation. If such a spot exists, I would maybe try opening the gap or painting over the wires with nail polish to improve the insulation. But not if it's under warranty.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2512 by bethsalem
I'm lucky that the basement in my apartment has pretty low humidity.

This is just and update to show both 7day and long-term readings over the summer months. All in all, the radon level is pretty steady

Attachments:

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds