Corentium Canary Radon Detector

More
7 years 11 months ago #2050 by bethsalem
The basement tool room in my apartment building is officially a kitchen. I think that's why my local council is saying they would do something if the level of Radon requires it. In reality nothing will happen until the building owner decides he wants to turn the basement into a rentable/sellable apartment and then I think he's socially responsible enough to put install a Radon mitigation device.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2051 by bethsalem

24 hours have now passed with the Canary monitoring the basement tool room.

The Radon level is 236 Bq/m3.

I will take another reading tomorrow, after 48 hours have passed.

Now, after 48 hours the Radon level is 244 Bq/m3

I'm now moving the Canary to an office adjacent to the tool room. This office is only used a few times a year. I've reset it and I'll take my first reading after 24 hours.

After 24 hours the Radon level in this office is 240 Bq/m3. I'll take another reading tomorrow.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2054 by bethsalem

I'm now moving the Canary to an office adjacent to the tool room. This office is only used a few times a year. I've reset it and I'll take my first reading after 24 hours.

After 24 hours the Radon level in this office is 240 Bq/m3. I'll take another reading tomorrow.[/quote]

Now, after 48 hours the Radon level in the office is 220 Bq/m3

Throughtout the last week the weather has been warm and sunny, with little or no wind and low humidity.

I'm now resetting and moving the Canary to another office which is used twice a week for a couple of hours each time. I'll post the 24 hour reading tomorrow.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2057 by bethsalem
After 24 hours, the Radon level is 245 Bq/m3

There seems, well over the short-term anyway, in the basement of my apartment building to be a consistency in the level of Radon reported by the Canary.

I'll take another reading tomorrow.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by bethsalem. Reason: More information

More
7 years 11 months ago #2059 by bethsalem
The 48 hour reading this morning is 323 Bq/m3

Because this office is now in use I've had to move the Canary, with the permission of the building owner, to an empty room right above this office. I've reset it and I'll post the new 24 hour reading tomorrow.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2064 by bethsalem
So, after 24 hours the room above the office, which has so far proven to be the "hottest" room in the basement, is showing a Radon level of 49 Bq.m3

Another reading in another 24 hours.

I'm trying to figure out how to safely get the Canary to the bottom of the dry well next. I might make a cage out of chicken wire for it to keep it safe from critters, and just tie it to a rope at one end, and at the other end tie the rope to a rod which will fit across the mouth of the well and be weighted down by the well lid. Good idea? Any other suggestions?

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds