× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #5502 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Trump U-turns on imposing New York quarantine after backlash from governor Andrew Cuomo

Donald Trump has U-turned on imposing a quarantine on New York after outcry from state officials.
The US president had considered trying to isolate the city along with New Jersey and Connecticut in a bid to stem the country's spiralling coronavirus crisis.
But he has now abandoned the idea, and instead plans to issue a "strong travel advisory" to avoid all but essential movement for three weeks.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/coronavirus-new-york-quarantine-trump-andrew-cuomo-a4400761.html

Nuts if you ask me. It is going to be interesting to see what happens. I just hope this doesn't cause more fatalities than would otherwise be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #5503 by Simomax
Numbers are in early today. Total confirmed cases are at 22,141, with 2619 new cases, up 186 on yesterday. Total deaths are 1408, with 180 new deaths, down 29 on yesterday. Total tested this (24h) period, 7209.

As of 9am on 30 March 2020, a total of 134,946 people have been tested, of which 112,805 were confirmed negative and 22,141 were confirmed positive.
As of 5pm on 29 March 2020, 1,408 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.

Attachment not found

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #5504 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Thank you for posting Simomax
I have been working on a 3D printing project for a few days. Getting to grips with OpenSCAD. It pretty cool, made quite a few different parts now. It's been a welcome break from corona-news, which has just been getting worse and worse.

However, did we reach an inflection point today in # of infected. I hope so.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #5505 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Deaths occuring outside of hospital due to COVID-19 now included in UK stats. Significant step up in deaths
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8170869/Twenty-seven-coronavirus-deaths-announced-Scotland-Wales-Northern-Ireland.html

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #5507 by Simomax
I'm a bit late today with the numbers, but here they are:
Total confirmed cases are at 25,150, with 3009 new cases, up 390 (14.9% increase) on yesterday. Total deaths are 1789, with 381 new deaths, up 201 (52.8% increase) on yesterday. Total tested this (24h) period, 8240.

As of 9am on 31 March 2020, a total of 143,186 people have been tested, of which 25,150 were confirmed positive.
As of 5pm on 30 March 2020, of those hospitalised in the UK, 1,789 have died.

Attachment not found

Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #5508 by Simomax
I have been having a little break from it all as it was starting to do my head in. So I decided to binge watch a good selection of nuclear disaster films (Threads, The Day After, even the HBO Chernobyl mini series) and a couple of other post disaster oppression films (1984, A Brave New World). It made a nice change. :silly: Whilst I did check the news occasionally there wasn't anything I felt was significant. Just political crap mainly. I think from now on I'm just going to post news of significance as UK politics and this and that has little for people that don't live here.

Deaths occuring outside of hospital due to COVID-19 now included in UK stats. Significant step up in deaths
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8170869/Twenty-seven-coronavirus-deaths-announced-Scotland-Wales-Northern-Ireland.html

I don't think the 'new' numbers have been pushed in to the official .gov.uk numbers, or have they? I saw today they reported an additional 40 patients have died, but no indication as to whether they are included or not. I don't think the number will ever be that large as people that are dying will generally be taken to hospital. The numbers I have been charting are the numbers of admissions with COVID-19 and the number of deaths of those admissions. I'm going to carry on for now charting the same official numbers. None of the published numbers are going to be completely accurate as there is latency in getting the numbers collated from all around the country but it does serve as a very good indication as to the rates in the UK. I think if I started counting other numbers as well it would just cause brain ache.
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Simomax.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds