× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5464 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Coronavirus: Biggest daily rise in UK deaths - up by 87 to 422
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-calls-for-police-at-stations-after-packed-trains-defy-lockdown-11962837

Official numbers should be out around 6pm UTC.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Simomax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5465 by Simomax
Numbers are out already today. Total confirmed cases are at 8077, up 460 from yesterday. Deaths are 442, up 87 from yesterday. Total tested this (24h) period, 6491.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5472 by Simomax
I have just seen this comment on FB.

Heads up police are now giving tickets out all over Blackpool make sure you’re a key worker stay safe!

My wife has been telling me that she is still seeing groups of young males on the streets when she is going to/from work and walking the dog. When are these imbeciles going to understand they could be infecting their parents! It beggars belief!

More
4 years 1 month ago #5473 by Simomax
Coronavirus ‘may have already infected half of UK population’

The study claims the disease reached the UK by mid-January ‘at the latest’ and appears to counter the modelling at Imperial College London, which the government has based its responsive measures on so far during the pandemic. The research suggests that the disease may have already been prevalent in the UK as much two months earlier than the first case was officially diagnosed.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/24/coronavirus-may-already-infected-half-uk-population-12451012/?ito=cbshare

I think I have already posted this but posting again as I missed/misread the part quoted above.

I haven't said anything before because I feared people wouldn't believe me, but I think I may have already had COVID-19 right before Christmas. On/around 16th December I was quite ill. It was my last week of work before stopping for Christmas holidays on the 20th. That week I had several flu-like symptoms including mild diarrhea, coughing, temperature etc. At the time I thought I had seasonal flu (which it may have been). My work was mainly meetings (I know!) and small service calls and such, just winding down for holidays. I would come in from work and go straight to bed. Starting the weekend I finished (21st Dec) I was that bad I spent 4 days in bed with a fever. I didn't eat a single thing for 4 days, then slowly started to recover. I used to smoke, but the coughing was that bad, and I mean like my lungs were being turned inside out and ripped from my body (yes, that bad) that I gave up smoking. I just couldn't even have a couple of puffs without having a coughing fit. I self medicated with paracetamol and pseudoephedrine (mainly for the amphetamine effect) and started eating again slowly. The recovery was slow and I remember afterwards being short of breath during recovery. I though it was just a bad case of flu, but I also thought strange as I have never been hit with seasonal flu like it. My body generally has a high resistance to all sorts, drugs, illnesses, flu etc. It is very strange for me to get ill in that way. I also distinctly remember around the time I started to feel ill that my smell went, almost completely. This was around the time I had mild diarrhea.

I would really like to get tested to see if I have the antibodies in me and that would give a very good indication that it was COVID-19 I had back then. Without a test it is inconclusive and all I have to go on are the symptoms, which could have been that from seasonal flu. But if that report from the university of Oxford is correct then that really raises the chances it was COVID-19 I had.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5474 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus

Coronavirus ‘may have already infected half of UK population’

The study claims the disease reached the UK by mid-January ‘at the latest’ and appears to counter the modelling at Imperial College London, which the government has based its responsive measures on so far during the pandemic. The research suggests that the disease may have already been prevalent in the UK as much two months earlier than the first case was officially diagnosed.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/24/coronavirus-may-already-infected-half-uk-population-12451012/?ito=cbshare

I think I have already posted this but posting again as I missed/misread the part quoted above.

I haven't said anything before because I feared people wouldn't believe me, but I think I may have already had COVID-19 right before Christmas. On/around 16th December I was quite ill. It was my last week of work before stopping for Christmas holidays on the 20th. That week I had several flu-like symptoms including mild diarrhea, coughing, temperature etc. At the time I thought I had seasonal flu (which it may have been). My work was mainly meetings (I know!) and small service calls and such, just winding down for holidays. I would come in from work and go straight to bed. Starting the weekend I finished (21st Dec) I was that bad I spent 4 days in bed with a fever. I didn't eat a single thing for 4 days, then slowly started to recover. I used to smoke, but the coughing was that bad, and I mean like my lungs were being turned inside out and ripped from my body (yes, that bad) that I gave up smoking. I just couldn't even have a couple of puffs without having a coughing fit. I self medicated with paracetamol and pseudoephedrine (mainly for the amphetamine effect) and started eating again slowly. The recovery was slow and I remember afterwards being short of breath during recovery. I though it was just a bad case of flu, but I also thought strange as I have never been hit with seasonal flu like it. My body generally has a high resistance to all sorts, drugs, illnesses, flu etc. It is very strange for me to get ill in that way. I also distinctly remember around the time I started to feel ill that my smell went, almost completely. This was around the time I had mild diarrhea.

I would really like to get tested to see if I have the antibodies in me and that would give a very good indication that it was COVID-19 I had back then. Without a test it is inconclusive and all I have to go on are the symptoms, which could have been that from seasonal flu. But if that report from the university of Oxford is correct then that really raises the chances it was COVID-19 I had.

That sounds really quite brutal. One of my friend had flu and pneumonia around then too, he was in hospital for two weeks and lost a lot of weight. I caught the same bug, at least i thought, the sore throat it gave was just off the charts and the lung burning was bad. I think I was in bed for several days. Luckily I recovered after a week or two, without any sort of pneumonia problems. I was hacking up a lot of yucky stuff though. I don't remember having a high fever.

I don't think it was corona.

Corona seems particularly vicious, the fever and the breathing problems. I think bad luck means we get nasty pneumonia causing flu AND maybe corona too. Ugh

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5475 by Simomax
When I had my cough it was caused by irritation to my lungs. Just inhaling once on a cigarette was enough to nearly put me on the floor in a coughing fit. I had little to no mucus being coughed up. It was dry and repetitive. When I started it was had to stop and left me breathless, almost. I literally could not smoke, so I stopped, I had to. I'd love to be tested to see if I have already had it, but will have to see what BoJo does about that.

I'm late with numbers today, I'll see if they are out now.

ETA, just checked (18:45) and they are not out yet....

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds