New station, Worcester MA!

More
7 years 11 months ago #2159 by Fenton112
I'm working on setting up the station so the readings will not be constant for the first few days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2160 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic New station, Worcester MA!
Morning, I see your online now. No worries on the setting up part. Nice to see 3 of us now here in Mass. I've had some higher levels here and there and this will be good to check out you 2 guys out there to compare with now. I have the GMC-200, GMS-080 and the GMC-280 unit, plus a couple of other type of counters. I had the 280 first but didn't want to leave that one out in the weather elements so I got the 080 and 200 units so that what I use out there now. Been out there for, I think 2 years, maybe 3 now. Mounted in one of them temp/hum weather sensor enclosure mounted on a pole about 3 feet of the ground. Think I have pictures on here somewhere. :)

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2161 by Frank
Geez, had to search for it, here is the topic link to the enclosure images of mine. On the pole after winter passes so my son doesn't nail with the snowblower. Then it goes back up on the side of the house on the bracket for winter. http://www.radmon.org/index.php/kunena/radmon-org-news/13-geiger-moved-outside-to-it-s-final-location?start=12
Added: I'm actually feeding 2 sites off this one unit. Since it has and uses the audio/clicking for counts, I have a audio splitter inline, feeding 2 of them TL-081 adapters, but on separate computers. Also on NETC.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Frank. Reason: added info

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2163 by Fenton112
Oh wow, never realized you could use both inputs at once. I know some of them only use the audio port but I never thought of using both. I am going to get my GMC-200 in a few days and I can permanently set it up just outside my window. I'll update here when I successfully set up the location.

Thanks for the tips

Edit: My GMC-320 has an audio output and a USB output and I thought you were using both outputs on a unit. I didn't realize the GMC-200 only had an audio output and you were splitting the signal to two computers.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Fenton112. Reason: Explanation

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2165 by Frank
Hi, not sure what you meant with "both inputs" at once but wanted to make sure you understood. I have one of my GMC-200's outside, power supply and a 2 conductor, standard audio line. On the power supply line, a wallwart, I cut that line and added a length of line to it so its 20 feet long now to reach it. Bought a 20 foot length of audio line, basically a extension, ran both line into the shack, in here, power plug into wall, the audio line runs in and plugs into a audio splitter, a Y adaptor, then 2 smaller ones, each line going to on of them TL-081 adapters, Each one plugged into a different PC. Wasn't sure if I could run 2 of them adapters on the same PC but since I had a few PC's running here, I just use 2 of them. Is this what you pictured? (only splitting the one audio output jack of the counter).
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Frank. Reason: added info

More
7 years 11 months ago #2166 by Fenton112
Now I see, you split the audio out which feeds two computers. Got it. I'm setting up the GMC-200 now!

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds