New station, Worcester MA!

More
7 years 11 months ago #2167 by Fenton112
Update: The station is now set up, The GMC-200 is set up just outside a 2nd floor window and is protected from rain by the window enclosure itself, this is the counter being used to transmit data to Radmon.org and will now run 24/7!. I had to install an older version of the USB-to-Serial driver in order to make it work but I finally got it running. I keep the GMC-320 for field experiments, and also for comparison to the station. Thanks for the help. Glad to bring another Mass station online.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2168 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic New station, Worcester MA!
Saw your other posting, yup, you got it, I'm just splitting the audio line. The older GMC-200 only had that for an output, power is with just a barrel connector. The GMC-280 has the USB connector. Ok, I see you on the map now, 3 of us now in Mass. Our readings are pretty close too, should be interesting to see and watch them now over time and see how they compare. A big welcome to the both of you. You can also see me on the NETC site, same location. :)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Frank. Reason: typo

More
7 years 11 months ago #2169 by Fenton112
I actually saw the NETC site when I visited your webpage. Good work, and thanks!

More
7 years 11 months ago #2170 by Frank
It's nice when I click on us and they spider out and we have the same readings, all 20's, happens often too since all 3 of us are close in readings. Ya, I've been on both sites now for a few years. Been involved mostly with RadLog thou, been a fun experience with the folks here and Dan, all a great bunch.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2171 by Fenton112
Yeah it's good to have three readings now in Mass. Thanks man, I'm glad to contribute to the network and it seems like a good place. I'll keep the station updated, and we can compare spikes when they occur.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2175 by Frank
Yup, but looks like we lost the Littleton station for some reason. Hasn't uploaded data since 5/24.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds