× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5124 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5125 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
This looks like the outcome of the COBRA meeting today in the UK.

Coronavirus action plan

What the health and social care system across the UK has done to tackle the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and what it plans to do next.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5126 by Juzzie
Replied by Juzzie on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Panic buying?. It seems the most popular item people around here are panic buying is toilet paper, I was beginning to wonder if this corona virus causes diarrhea?

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5127 by FSM19
Replied by FSM19 on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Did our regular supermarket run here yesterday. Absolutely no evidence of panic buying. At the time of day I was expecting a fairly full car park, it wasn't even 1/4 full. Shelves looked like normal. We were able to buy absolutely everything on our list, except for 5kg bags of bread flour, which they don't always have anyway. Going to the diy place tomorrow which is close by a bigger supermarket that always has the 5kg bags.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5128 by mw0uzo

Did our regular supermarket run here yesterday. Absolutely no evidence of panic buying. At the time of day I was expecting a fairly full car park, it wasn't even 1/4 full. Shelves looked like normal. We were able to buy absolutely everything on our list, except for 5kg bags of bread flour, which they don't always have anyway. Going to the diy place tomorrow which is close by a bigger supermarket that always has the 5kg bags.

Things were pretty chilled in the supermarket yesterday in Cardiff. Going out later to get a few things so I'll have a good look round to see what's happening.
I don't believe mass panic buying is in full swing across the UK yet. But it will happen.

Most people are in denial at the change of state from normality to imminent pathogen threat. That will change as it sinks in, they will realise they are unprepared.

For example, a lot of the comments on this article are from people still in denial. 'It's not happening because it's DM hype.' 'It's all under control', 'This is fearmongering', 'Scare story'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8073037/Coronavirus-kill-Britons-warns-Britains-Chief-Medical-Officer.html

It is these types that will panic the most when the time comes.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5129 by mw0uzo

Panic buying?. It seems the most popular item people around here are panic buying is toilet paper, I was beginning to wonder if this corona virus causes diarrhea?

Ha, in all seriousness though it does affect the intestinal tract, so some people have complained about diarrhoea and stomach problems. It also spreads by the fecal-oral route and is very contagious, in HK there were cases that were spread by bad sewage and waste water installations in high rises.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds