× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Wuhan coronavirus

More
2 years 5 months ago #5111 by mw0uzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5112 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Vlogger visits China to capture what its like on the streets in Shanghai and in Hubei province.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5113 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Coronavirus: Thirteen more cases confirmed in UK

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51697991
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5114 by mw0uzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5116 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
Abe asks all schools in Japan to temporarily close over coronavirus:
mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200227/p2...30Gwx7PxRQI_Duemc7UI

Meanwhile, some schoolteachers expressed concern about the prime minister's request as they have to adjust class and event schedules.

"A one-month closure is unheard of and its impact will be significant," said a teacher at a public elementary school in Tokyo.

"I'm in the middle of discussions with my colleagues on how to determine grades for students and distribute them," he said.


I find this quite unbelievable. Teachers more bothered about teaching than the health and wellbeing of their students. I'm starting to see a few people in general with this attitude. A school just isn't if all the students are dead! It makes me wonder if this is all about suspended wages rather than actual education. COVID-19 spreads like wildfire and I think prudent to shut them down if it looks to be spreading in a country/location.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about this now in the UK. The numbers of infected people seems to be growing by orders of magnitude. At least yesterday/today (another 10 in the UK?). I work for myself (install home automation, AV systems, high end home cinemas, luxury stuff for rich people) and I know that if it comes close to my location my work will pretty much dry up. People will wait for luxury stuff amid a crisis. Also 90% of the kit I fit is either fully made or assembled in China. The other 10% is from the US. I suspect soon imports and exports will be slowing if the workers/transporters are confined at home. Today I was talking to a local GP and he was telling me that he (I'm assuming all other GPs/doctors too) is getting daily bulletins (I don't know who from, I didn't ask) about COVID-19 but the information how to deal with it is changing every day. He is very concerned about it and explained to me that this is very much like the SARS virus but the spread rate is massively worse. Very massively, exponentially, by orders of magnitude worse spread than SARS. He reckons that most healthy fit people to contract it will survive, but his main fear was the NHS becoming overwhelmed. The NHS is in tatters already so an outbreak here would very easily and swiftly tip the scales. We talked about self isolation but he thinks it is pointless unless you are in the middle of an outbreak but also agreed that it would be prudent to have a good months supplies just in case. The govenrment here (UK) have already announced (quietly) that they can take control at any time and pretty much do what they want in relation to stopping the spread (here: www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/129/contents/made)

For now I think the best thing is to stay as up to date with info as possible and see where this goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5117 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Wuhan coronavirus
News about the increase of confirmed cases in the UK:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51708550

I also fell across this one. Apparently one of the latest confirmed cases is a school pupil! Would you believe!
uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-total-40-c...irmed-140900142.html

And this map shows a scattering of cases in the UK. What bothers me most about this is the very fact they are so scattered around the UK.
www.thesun.co.uk/news/10801702/coronavir...ker-cases-confirmed/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Solar powered Raspberry Pi 4 server stats: CPU 28% Memory 14% Swap 18% CPU temp=67.2'C Uptime 63 Days