Strange anomaly this morning with station radspod_one

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #6757 by Simomax
Sadly I have no weather data. My weather station broke some time ago and despite getting new parts for it I haven't got it back together and running yet.

This is from the web. The past week of weather data for Blackpool. I live very close to the coast (1.68 miles) and our air is usually very clean. I'm in a 0% Radon area. Whenever I have seen this kind of thing I have always assumed a cosmic event or something. I have four other counters running at home in my office at the moment. None of them picked up anything. This is the weather for Blackpool over the past week:

And another strange spike this morning at exactly 43 minutes past the hour again. Hmm. I have just checked Radlog.exe logs and it appears right around 05:43 is when it rolls the logs, saves the graphs and does it's shared data thing. This doesn't account for what looks like a bonafide detection, and doesn't really account for anything either side of this time slot but I suspect Radlog.exe does some hourly things too. I'm going to restart Radlog.exe and see if that makes any difference. Daily log is attached at the bottom. Nothing unusual either side of the spike.

2023-10-20 05:43:56, 117.3

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Simomax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Simomax
More
6 months 1 week ago #6759 by Simomax
I did manage to get some historical weather for the 17th and 18th when the event(s) started happening. See images below. I very much doubt water ingress/humidity would be the case. The unit is quite well sealed up (99.9% sealed?) It has some Kapton tape over a slot in the front of the case and temperature changes can bee seen by the Kapton tape being sucked in and outwards. The buttons/switch/cable gland are all super high quality hermetically sealed military grade parts, all with their own seals. I will check it over though this weekend. Maybe wipe all the cobwebs from it. 

Attachments:

More
6 months 1 week ago #6767 by Juzzie
I'm blind unless I can see charts stacked side by side - a bme 280 + wemos D1 would be good ;-p

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

• Simomax
More
6 months 1 week ago #6768 by Simomax
I know what you mean. I'll have to get my weather station back up and running. I've not had much joy with the IC type temperature and humidity sensors outside. I had one in my air quality monitor and that failed within a year, so I replaced it and that failed..... Within a year, so I gave up with them. I'm not sure they are hardy enough for England's coastal weather. They do seem to be fine indoors though.

• Simomax
More
6 months 3 days ago #6791 by Simomax
I'm really going to have to put this down to either a Radlog.exe, or a PC issue. The timing of the events was too similar and when looking through the Radlog.exe logs it was apparent it was doing it's homework right around 43 minutes past the hour. After restarting Radlog.exe it hasn't shown any strange spikes at all so I can only really put it down to the software right now. The only thing I have done is restart Radlog, nothing else. I did have a quick look in on the counter and it looks squeaky clean inside, as it has done since fitting it.

This the the past 7 days after that, what looked like a real proper event. No spikes, but there is another little rise in CPM after the proper event.

Attachments:

More
6 months 2 days ago #6796 by Juzzie
That's not from the regular release hour at your nearest nuke plant is it?

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 3.942 seconds