Performance upgrades to the radmon.org system

More
9 years 1 month ago #750 by Frank
Geez Dan, I never would have thought it would come to this level. Where were you about a year ago with numbers? if known, Wow, the figure comes out to almost $60 US dollars a month, $720 a year, holy shit that's a lot!, that;s going to hurt. Is there really that much more we can come up with that will really push this out of control and just be happy with what we have now or back it down some. So sorry this has come to this, did you think this would happen? :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #751 by Frank
I would gladly pay a yearly membership, long as its reasonable and everyone on here is in on it or out! I already pay for on my other site of which for some reason hasn't collected since. :)

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #753 by mw0uzo
A solution will be found. In the meantime, I am making a radmon backup server to continue service in case something silly happens, got the IP fixed by ISP yesterday. Setting this up will also help me learn how to move to a VPS if that is required.

Thank you to those who have donated so far, your help is very much appreciated :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by mw0uzo.

More
9 years 1 month ago #805 by Marc
Maybe we could send less dat. Every 30 secs instead of every 20 secs?

Marc PC1MH

More
9 years 1 month ago #806 by Frank
Dan, your online!! :)

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #808 by mw0uzo
All this problem is sorted now, the radmon server is hosted at home. Turns out the request rate was hardly anything to worry about, data comes in at 1.3 times a second. The incoming datarate is 2-3kB/s, CPU usage barely anything unless drawing detailed user graphs. Carry on at 30s inverval :)

User graphs will be automatically updating soon too, and now more CPU is available I will be adding some more features to the website.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by mw0uzo.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds