Radioactive Thorium Reconstituted Stone Pendant - Negative Ion Energy Ju-Ju

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #6393 by Simomax
A while ago I saw a video (below) where the creator had purchased several 'Negative Ion Energy' products that actually contain radioactive Thorium. Most of these products are wearable items and some other 'Nume' cards, or whatever they are. At the time I searched for these but seems they had all been pulled form the stockists shelves. Then I saw a more recent video by the same creator and searched again, and lo and behold, the same products are stocked up again and readily for sale - to unsuspecting people that may possibly actually wear these dangerous items. I ordered one to just see for myself how radioactive they are, and if going by the mantra that any radiation may pose a danger, then these certainly pose a danger.

These are available from Amazon and Aliexpress, and probably other suppliers also, but seemingly not on Ebay to my surprise. The creator of the videos states in one that he had two companies shut down and I can confirm that wwhen I was looking for them over a year ago I couldn't find any online at all. Now there are thousands! And many many different merchants selling these. I have considered it, but to report all of the items to Amazon/Aliexpress would probably take days and seeing as they keep coming back in stock and that two companies have presumably been shut down I suspect it would be about as effective as banging my head against a brick wall. So what to do about it?   I'll not give any direct links but search for 'negative ion' or 'quantum energy' with 'necklace/pendant' etc or a mix of those words and you are sure to find them.

As you can see from the above image it comes beautifully packaged in the cheapest of packaging possible with a scratty authenticity card - 'Latest edition quantum pendant Japanese technology scalar energy FIR(?) card' - massive marketing wankery! 

What this actually is, from what I can gather, is some kind of reconstituted stone with some Thorium thrown in for all of the negative ion quantum energy bullshit and bound with some kind of resin. Much like modern composite roof tiles, or composite kitchen worktops (Corian etc). So this would be a stone ground to a powder, some Throium sprinkled for goodness and a resin binder added, then thoroughly mixed up and put into some kind of cast until it hardens. It feels heavy, but not quite as heavy as if it were solid stone and has a sheen like that of resin. It has a very slight plastic feel to it and doesn't feel quite cold like solid stone would. I haven't tried drilling, cutting of filing it as it is way less dangerous in it's full form. Thorium dust would be a real doozie if breathed in, so I'm leaving it be.

This is the text from the merchant from where I bought mine:

Volcanic Stone Pendant, ANGGREK Volcanic Stone Pendant Fashionable Negative Ion Energy Stone Pendant Necklace for Health Care

Volcanic stone contains huge energy. Long term wear can promote blood circulation and accelerate metabolism. Can form a protective wall against external harmful magnetic waves. Reduce damage to human body.

Printed with angel pattern. Fashionable. Bringing together health functions and decorative functions in one. Come with adjustable length cord. Perfect for lovers, family and friends.

Perfect Gift: The pendant is perfect gift to your significant other, family and friends, for everyday, party, anniversary, birthday or any special occasion.This charming vintage necklace suitable to any type of outfit.Catch other attention easily in wedding,evening party or costume.Especially wonderfully for cosplay.

Accelerate metabolism: volcanic rock contains tremendous energy, long term wearing can promote blood circulation and accelerate metabolism.

Accelerate Metabolism: Volcanic stone contains huge energy, long term wear can promote blood circulation and speed up metabolism.

Accelerate Metabolism: Volcanic stone contains huge energy, long term wear can promote blood circulation and accelerate metabolism,Enhances cellular permeability,nutrition and detoxification,improve stamina,endurance strength,enhances immune and endocrine systems.

Health Care And Decoration: The pendant is printed with an angel pattern in a fashionable shape, combining health and decorative functions.

Thorium is an alpha emitter but also emits beta during it's decay chain (shown below.) The first counter I tried to measure it's radiation was my Radiacode 101 (Gamma scintillation counter) and that showed nothing. Absolutely no reading whatsoever. This makes sense as the pendant emits no Gamma at all, so the next meter I used was my Mini Instruments 5.40 scintillation meter, that does detect Alpha, and sure enough it went from around 10 cps background to around 40 cps as you can see in the video below.

I then went on to test with my development counter with LND712 tube, then Gamma Scout (set to Alpha, Beta and Gamma) then two NetIO GC10s, one wwith SBM20 and one with RD003 tubes. The counts were pretty frightening considering these pendants would be worn and hover over the lungs and heart! And whilst not a great deal of radiation is emitted, wearing anything radioactive is super bad Ju-Ju. At least that's my opinion. I wouldn't wear one and I would advise anyone never to wear one. Results of the various counters:

My development counter with LND712 GM tube (Alpha, Beta and Gamma.) Around 4-5x background counts. (Background for this counter/tube is usually around 18-20 cpm)

Gamma Scout with LND712 GM tube set to Alpha, Beta and Gamma, showing just less than 0.6 uSv/hr. Background here is usually around 0.08 - 0.12 uSv/hr - around 5x greater than background.

SBM20 GM tube (hard Beta and Gamma - Background is usually around 0.1 uSv/hr) showing just under 0.9 uSv/hr. This will be Beta radiation as the SBM20 is incapable of detecting Alpha - about 7-8x background.

RD003 GM tube - very similar to the SBM20 but slightly more sensitive, again showing just less than 0.6 uSv/hr, roughly 5x that of background.

I don't quite understand why there is Thorium in these. Even without the Thorium people would still buy these silly trinkets and the only harm would be in their wallets, so why put the Thorium in them? The only conclusion I can think of is that the maker of these has an abundance or has bought an abundance of Thorium waste product and they want to get rid of it. Disposing of radioactive waste is a very very expensive thing and so why not package it up in small quantities, make it into something useless and get the unsuspecting public to buy their radioactive waste, thinking it is actually a healthy good thing. Please do comment if you have any other idea as to why they are producing these things with Thorium content.

Thorium decay chain shows the decay Beta emission as well as the primary Alpha emission. (Image taken from wikipedia here .)

Finally, some more images of the pendant and some more videos. Two more of mine with the GC10's and three videos from the creator whose video put me onto this.

The actual pendant.

Under a microscope at 15x magnification. High resolution images available here  and here .

Under a microscope at 45x magnification. High resolution images available here and here .

NetIO GC10 with SBM20 GM tube.

NetIO GC10 next with RD003 GM tube.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Simomax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FSM19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Simomax
More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #6395 by Simomax
I bought another pendant with a different design.

This one has four 'things' in it. No idea what they are although I suspect they are metal as they are ferrous. They could be Hematite but I doubt that as Hematite would be more costly to produce the pendants and I am pretty sure they are producing them as cheap as possible. The writing on the pendant states 'QUANTUM-SCIENCE' and 'Japanese Technology', even though the label on the bag states 'Made in China'. There is also some kind of laser etched serial number on it - 'SE324638'.

This one didn't come in some snazzy package and simply in a plastic snappy bag. This pendant isn't quite as spicy as the first one. I'd say about half the activity as the other, but stats still half too much for my liking. It also begs the question; if this one is less active than the first one, (the round one,) then could there be some that are more active than the first one? It seems to be made from the same stuff. And aside from that I have no other info on this. It seems the same material, just different design, and less active. Here are some closer pictures of the pendant:

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Simomax.

More
1 year 1 week ago #6398 by FSM19

• Simomax
More
1 year 1 week ago #6399 by Simomax

I just ordered one!

Awesome! I'm interested to see how active yours is when you get it. I think the reason the oblong pendant is less active than the first round one is probably due to its mass. The round one weighs in at 18.9 grams and the oblong one is 12.8 grams, so there is certainly more material on the round one.

More
1 year 5 days ago #6400 by nu3e
I just ordered the round one from an AliExpress seller for $1.41 USD with free shipping to the USA. It will be interesting to compare activities.

• Simomax
More
1 year 3 days ago #6401 by Simomax
That's great nu3e. It will be interesting to see if there are any differences in how active these things are.

I have just been browsing Aliexpress for more quantum energy ju-ju devices and it looks like the 'Nume Cards' are back on sale as 'New Me Cards'. I guess the 'Nume' was meant to mean 'Nu Me', as in 'new me'. Have a look here . One of the comments reads "Tested with radiation meter, 1,12 usv/h, it would be necessary to see how radiation affects the body." so looks like they are radioactive also.

I also found another interesting pendant that claims quantum energy ju-ju but looks like uranium glass, so I have ordered one of those to see if it actually is. One comment states "Was bought to test radiometer. 1st picture - normal environmental radiation (0.18 µSv/hr). 2nd picture - radiation from necklace (1.84 µSv/hr). I don't recommend wearing this on a person's body!" The one I ordered was the plain glass pendant (Metal color C). It will be interesting to see how spicy that is, if at all. See it here . I'll be sure to post the results when I receive it, but may not be for a month as it will take a while to get to me.

It does bother me that these are readily available to unsuspecting people to wear, but at the same time proves that Darwin was right! 

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds