New Station - Littleton MA US

More
6 years 9 months ago #3309 by Simomax
As far as I am aware, the conversion factor on the hardware should not affect radlog. Radlog takes it's input from either RS232 where the geiger hardware simply gives radlog the counts per minute as a simple number. If radlog is using audio input then it simply works out the CPM from the amount of clicks in a minute. The conversion factor is just to convert the CPM to uSv/hr. So changing the conversion factor in either radlog or the hardware will only affect the uSv/hr readout.

Pretty much all different tubes have a different background count and may require different warning/alert thresholds in radlog.
These are from some different tubes I have running at home. The background counts are higher than the stated 'own background' counts from the datasheets as the figures on the datasheets are derived using very controlled means.
SBM20 tube is approx 22CPM background count
SI22G tube is approx 120CPM background count.
SBT-10A tube is approx 140CPM background count.

What tube does your hardware use?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #3310 by K1MGY
Replied by K1MGY on topic New Station - Littleton MA US
SBM 20 with the Geiger Kit plus.
Supposedly the kit was supplied such that the HV is in the proper range for the tube.

I've counted clicks per minute and it's actually around 17-20. Still, what is displayed and reported is significantly higher.

More
6 years 9 months ago #3311 by K1MGY
Replied by K1MGY on topic New Station - Littleton MA US
Actually the tube is a CTC5. I did some reading and apparently it's functionally equivalent to the SBM 20.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds