3rd station in Grimsby UK.

More
9 years 1 month ago #757 by magoo²
Hi,
I have been running an RH Electronics Arduino IDE Geiger kit with an SBM-20 tube, for a few months now and intend to get on-line very soon using a Raspberry Pi solar powered set up.
Regards,

Matt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tcall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #1067 by Bert490
Replied by Bert490 on topic 3rd station in Grimsby UK.
Hi Matt:
Your existing station was running quite hot on the 10th and the 14th, then stopped sending (currently showing the last reading of 99 CPM). Were you experimenting?

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #1068 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic 3rd station in Grimsby UK.
Yes good question, I've been looking at those graphs with interest!
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by mw0uzo.

More
9 years 1 week ago #1069 by magoo²
Replied by magoo² on topic 3rd station in Grimsby UK.
Not sure what's going on there! No experiments by me. The pollution has been high around here this week but not sure if that makes a difference. The wifi dongle is only a nano one so keeps dropping the signal due to distance so i have to keep rebooting so that explains why it keeps going off. I will be sorting that problem this week with a different dongle.

Matt.

More
9 years 1 week ago #1071 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic 3rd station in Grimsby UK.
Is the unit outside or indoors? It really does look like something is being detected, but what? What sort of PSU is the MyGeiger running from? If you're running from a RPi with small PSU - can you run the MyGeiger off a PC for a while to try and exclude weird PSU effects that have been seen before?

More
9 years 4 days ago #1084 by magoo²
Replied by magoo² on topic 3rd station in Grimsby UK.
The unit is housed inside a shed. The Geiger is powered from the rpi which has a 12 volt to 5 volt power adapter. I put it onto a 240 volt to 5 volt adapter the other day but it stayed the same. A friend of mine is fetching his portable unit to my house so we can sweep the shed/fence/roof etc to see what we find as all the high readings started after a heavy downpour of dirty rain from the sahara. Could be a voltage thing so if the sweep turns up nothing i will swap the pi out and see what that does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tcall

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds