Gradual count increase at FSM19

More
3 years 1 week ago #5704 by DonZalmrol
If your mains is changing from 218V (just shy of 220V) to 245V (could be due to solar panel inverters) then your HV-supply could also differ greatly in provided output power and thus changing the actual count rates with an end result of unusual spikes.

How do you power your HV supply? Directly from mains or do you use something in between like a usb charger to drive your Arduino and HV supply from 5V to e.g. 500V?

Example: I use LV -> 5V with 500mA to drive my ESP32 and provide a stable 5V to my HV supply ( RH-K-GK-HV-4) to provide a very stable and clean output HV voltages to my tubes of 410.4V.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #5706 by FSM19
I have used several different power supplies. The latest is a swiitch mode supply  from mains to12 V DC. This has quite a bit of smoothing at the o/p. The 12v supply is then dropped to 5V by a 7805 on the counter board. I've not monitored the dc level on the counter either the LV or HT.

More
3 years 1 week ago #5707 by FSM19
I've decided to go for a total re-build. I may have to wait for some bits, components here are not so easy to come by, mostly I have to order online and the postal service can take six weeks from the UK.

More
3 years 2 days ago - 3 years 1 day ago #5711 by FSM19
Hope to be back online within the next 24 hrs! Virtually everything is new. Still working on it, seems to be working generally, but not uploading. Still got problems, no uploads, except zeros!
Last edit: 3 years 1 day ago by FSM19.

More
3 years 1 day ago - 2 years 11 months ago #5714 by FSM19
I now have even more problems so going offline for quite some time. Lokks like I have to build a totally new counter.

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by FSM19.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #5719 by FSM19
Rebuild complete. Counter is working, but uploads reading zero! Time to check the firmware. Firmware re-installed. It looks like the system may have been damaged by a voltage spike. Both arduino's were damaged, as was the voltage stabilising. Counter re-built.

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by FSM19.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds