high readings in GA

More
9 years 3 months ago #566 by ozycon
Replied by ozycon on topic high readings in GA
Speaking of kitty litter the WIPP facility continues to degrade. Good job your not in Roswell, New Mexico!

http://enenews.com/ap-ceiling-collapses-wipp-nuclear-waste-dump-ground-control-significant-concern-all-6-other-areas-risk-due-significant-bolt-loss-number-failures-started-exceed-safety-levels-video

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #567 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic high readings in GA
Ya, i saw that about the WIPP site, came across the crawler on the NETC site and was reading about it. Been watching the sensors out there for anything to pop up.. :huh:

More
9 years 3 months ago #577 by Juzzie
Replied by Juzzie on topic high readings in GA
WIPP - a success story in the ongoing quest for log term nuclear waste.....storage. (sarc)

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

More
9 years 2 months ago #586 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic high readings in GA
sunsmoke, I take it when you readings change thats when the cat is in the house or not!

More
9 years 2 months ago #608 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic high readings in GA
wow 24kcps. Cat sitting on the detector? :ohmy:

More
9 years 2 months ago #609 by sunsmoke
Replied by sunsmoke on topic high readings in GA
So......
The cat never leaves the room. If I pet her, my hand temporarily becomes hot and raises the reading on the counter by about 50cpm. So, I think the vet is right, and it is not really safe for anyone to let her out of quarantine.

From the screen on the counter, it looks like the new normal background radiation in the room is somewhere around 150cpm, and yeah, that thing goes crazy when she sits down next to it. I've seen it as high as 57kcpm for short periods of time.

I had to disable the clicking because it was scaring her. She'd go to investigate this box thing, and the clicking would turn into a scary screeching noise, and she'd run away. Then it might become interesting again. Repeat ad nauseam. That's not really visible on the graphs, but it was funny to see.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds