Hello from New England

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #3814 by KB1JPW
Hi everyone,

Drew from Manchester, NH USA

RadiationD-V1.1(CAJOE)s
tube: M4011
Indoor detector at the moment

I stumbled across the forum while looking for any info on uploading readings via APRS or other amateur radio data modes. I was happy to see others had already gone that route and saved me a bit of time with Arduinos and RasPi hardware adding shields and such. I'll be setting up a pi dedicated to the monitor and later on additional weather gauges.

We live about 40 miles from the nuclear reactor in Seabrook, NH. I also noticed that there is a monitor station in Tyngsboro, MA which is about 30 miles south of me and 45 miles southwest of Seabrook.
Great to see the monitoring and sharing data crowdsourced.

Drew / KB1JPW
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by KB1JPW. Reason: added more info on area and surrounding monitors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #3819 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Hello from New England
Ok let's get you added. Welcome to radmon.org!

More
6 years 1 month ago #3820 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Hello from New England
Ok it's set up! Check your PMs for the password. Welcome!

More
6 years 1 month ago #3845 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Hello from New England
Hi Drew, welcome, just happen to check on some news and saw a new station here in New England. There are a couple of us. I've been on for some time now and nice to see a station online north of me. I see your grey at the moment, hopefully its getting set up or still working on your system. Will be nice to see 2 stations up here running to keep an eye on levels. Any questions, just ask, bunch of new folks on here that can try to help. Frank

More
6 years 1 month ago #3847 by KB1JPW
Replied by KB1JPW on topic Hello from New England
Oops, thanks for pointing it out Frank. My client lost the account info at some point. It's been graphing this whole time though. My laptop apparently went to sleep earlier. I'm still building out the pi to run full time so that should be done soon. Actually realized I had started up the wrong client, back online.

More
6 years 1 month ago #3851 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Hello from New England
lol, no worries, its its always sketchy at first starting off then it settles in place. Glad to see ya on here. There are a few of us now in the new England area, one disappeared some time ago but still one online near me down there. I often see spikes and rises and will be good to check out the stations near by to see if it was local or wide spread. I'm running a GQ-200 unit outside mounted in a temp/hum enclosure and have been now for a few years. That one unit is actually feeding 2 sites at the same time. :)

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds