Hello from Wellard, Western Australia

More
6 years 4 months ago #3696 by nulldragon
Greetings!

I recently assembled a GK-mini kit from DIYGeigerCounter and then hooked the serial output of this neat little Geiger counter up to an nodemcu to relay readings to my computer. I log this data into a sql database and am currently working on a way to display it on my website.

The GK-mini kit has a SBM-20 attached to it (initially all i had was a horrible SI-3BG) I've got the detector sitting on the desk next to me at the moment, until I can get it setup in a case and put it in my garage.

I'm a software developer who loves all sorts of sensors, I've got a weather station hooked up feeding me more data, along with several gas sensors, uv sensors and air quaility sensors all feeding into a central server.

Cheers all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #3698 by mw0uzo
Welcome to radmon.org! :)
That's pretty much how radmon.org started - I wanted a graph on my personal website so started logging values into a database. Then it grew from there!
Check your PMs for the password.

More
6 years 4 months ago #3705 by nulldragon
Thanks! I cannot for the life of me find the PM with the password in it though.

More
6 years 4 months ago #3707 by mw0uzo
Ok sent it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nulldragon

More
6 years 4 months ago #3714 by nulldragon
It works!
I've also completed the first version of my data logger software!

I've got my nodeMCU reading the serial data from the GK-mini, feeding it into my local wifi via a UDP broadcast. ( I know I could submit this direct to radmon.org, but where is the fun in that :P )
Which is then being listened to by a .net core command line app which logs it to my database, as well as calculates a 5 minute average of all samples and uploads it to radmon.org
Graphs are underway, I just need to sort some moving averages, and accumulations of uSv per period

Fun times!

Now I just need to get my coordinates updated to the following -32.2682669,115.8253875 and I'll be good to go, I'll have to buy a few more kits to place around the city and state to get some more data.
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #3720 by Juzzie
Well done, good fun :)

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds