Hello from Nova Scotia!

More
6 years 5 months ago #3643 by nsadventurer
Hello,
I have been working away at creating a environmental monitoring system for my home over the last couple of years.
My system incorporates some WIFI temperature and humidity sensors scattered around the house that I designed and constructed, I decided to buy a kit for the outside sensor as I wanted to incorporate a background radiation monitor and was not worth the time to design one with a very similar product already in the marketplace.
This kit I built is the GK-Radmon, it will be located outside and be solar powered. The type of detector tube is a SBM-20 purchased from the Ukraine. As for the hardware modifications to the kit, I monitor the battery voltage with the kits on-board micro-controller, charge the battery with a small 100mA panel and I modified a cheap Li-Ion charger board to match the panel output. Firmware modifications take these hardware modifications in to consideration and I included a different protocol to talk to my network as the kit vendors firmware did not have what I needed.
All my sensors speak MQTT and I prefer to keep all data internal to my LAN. I have been learning Node-RED and hope to submit my radiation data with this to this site.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #3647 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Hello from Nova Scotia!
Welcome to radmon.org!! I'll add you now!

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #3649 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Hello from Nova Scotia!
It's done! :)
Check your PMs for the password.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
6 years 5 months ago #3653 by nsadventurer
Thanks! I will set this up.

More
6 years 5 months ago #3656 by Bert490
Replied by Bert490 on topic Hello from Nova Scotia!
Welcome to the map!

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #3659 by nsadventurer
Thanks!
I am searching for a way to implement sending to this site from within node-red and have to finish off my solar panel and get this mounted outside, then it will be done. For the mean time I think I will throw together the bash script and use that for updates.

As usual, I have not had much time to search for a solution :)

Update, I figured out how to send my data from node-red. So I just need to finish up my solar panel and mount it all outside. I modified BroHogan's firmware to use MQTT and added a cheap Ebay A/D board so I can monitor the battery and PV cell voltages. I also noticed that on BroHogan's site he is now including MQTT in his firmware for the Radmon monitoring kits.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by nsadventurer. Reason: Update

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds