Hi from Germany!

More
6 years 10 months ago #3272 by DD5ZZ
Hi from Germany! was created by DD5ZZ
Hi, im Alex, living near the city of Frankfurt in the Rhein-Main metropolitan area in central Germany.

After playing with electronics for ages i assembled the DIY Geigercounter kit and im using it with a Philips 18504 endwindow tube that also detects alpha. Combined with a super cheap chinese bluetooth module and RadLog its a pretty neat little tool.
Its located indoors and is counting background radiation as well es some experimenting with old uranium glazed stuff and uranium glass every now and then.

73! -> Greetings from Germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #3273 by Sonarflash
Replied by Sonarflash on topic Hi from Germany!
Welcome to Radmon. I'm guessing by the salutation and handle that you are a ham. I'm VA7BDG, but haven't been active for a couple of years for lack of antennas. My detector is an Aware Electronics RM-80, an LND7313-3 GM tube, 44mm diameter window. My very first detectors back in 1974 used a little end-window Phillips tube that was very inexpensive, about the size of an LND712.
I also have a DIY GK4 by John, Brohogan, which he assembled for me as I'm blind. Bought a nice unit from Atomic Dave in California that uses the GK+. All in all, a fun hobby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

More
6 years 9 months ago #3278 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Hi from Germany!
Ok it's set up. Welcome!

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds