Hiya from the Denver Front Range

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2858 by ConiferCOUSA
Greetings.
Radmon.org is the opensource/community driven type of place I like.
I am interested in becoming a contributing station.

I think I have read every thread on the forums and found answers to most of my questions as I went along.

I have repaired a commercial RadAlert50 and I have it connecting to RadLog .41. I really wanted to get Version .42 working because of the APRS reporting features, but I had the same problem/solution as FarmerDave.

For more information on the ham radio APRS stuff I usually do, take a look at www.aprs.fi and search for kd0fds-9 You should see my Jeep driving to work and back up to Conifer most days.
One of my goals is to add CPM to my APRS stuff. My APRS weather station is offline, but I see potential to get it back up with CPM from a geiger counter.
My Interest stems from a presentation and my proximity to the Rocky Flats Plant wikipedia link to rocky flats plant site.

Anyway, looking forward to catching up to you guys with the technology.

Thanks, Stephen in Conifer, CO, USA

Location: 39°36.03' N 104°50.64' W - Maidenhead Locator DM79NO84RC
Make/Model: International Medcom RadAlert model 50 <<possibly used in New York City>>
Tube: LND712
Information: Altitude is about 2740 meters. The mountain is mainly granite = elevated readings from both cosmic and radon for indoor detector.

Make/Model: International Medcom RadAlert model 50
Tube: LND712
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by ConiferCOUSA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2860 by Bert490
Welcome, Stephen
We look forward to your data. I just read up on Rocky Flats. Scary stuff. But It looks like the drive-by readings taken by Safecast (see link ) in 2013 and 2014 show not much increase in background, at least on the nearby roads. I expect the central area is still hot with the buried waste and that's why it's not publicly accessible.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2865 by mw0uzo
Welcome Stephen!
It's all set up for you. Stay tuned for v0.41 fixes, in the meantime use stable version.
Check PMs for password.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds