Greetings from Austria

More
7 years 2 months ago #2816 by oe3gwu
Hy!

My Name is Rainer. I am a HAM Radio Operator since almost 10 Years now. I am Sysop on the Nebelstein Repeater Site and very active in Digital Stuff in HF / VHF and UHF, including APRS.

I want to transfer Data from my Geiger Counter to your account, and also to APRS.

There I got a question. Is RadMon and APRS Linked? How can those Infos be forwarded? I was told that this works somehow. I use pyradmon.

My Geigercounter is a GMC-320 - with the Standard Tube inside currently.

Thanks
Rainer (OE3GWU)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2841 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Greetings from Austria
Welcome Rainer!
I will add you to the system now.

To upload your data to APRS system via the web, use RadLog.

I have a problem with the APRS modulator in RadLog, I wonder if you can help? I am trying to find a way to inspect the raw bits in a packet. I can see them when using SoundModem and the GUI, but I can't save or dump to a file before the bits disappear off the screen!!

I have an error in the modulator which is causing generated APRS packets to be rejected. I think its just the data encapsulation, CRC etc seems to be correct.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2842 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Greetings from Austria
Ok its all set up!

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2853 by oe3gwu
Replied by oe3gwu on topic Greetings from Austria
Hy!

I dont know your software very well currently, therefore I have some questions.

You Wrote:
I have a problem with the APRS modulator in RadLog, I wonder if you can help? I am trying to find a way to inspect the raw bits in a packet. I can see them when using SoundModem and the GUI, but I can't save or dump to a file before the bits disappear off the screen!!
APRS Modulator. Does that mean that you send APRS Packets via a TNC to the VHF APRS Network? If so, please bare in mind, that you need 200 - 300ms of "preamble" where the system is keyed but no data is transmitted. When updating the Data through Internet (APRS-IS), does it work, or do you have the same issues there?

I have an error in the modulator which is causing generated APRS packets to be rejected. I think its just the data encapsulation, CRC etc seems to be correct.
Here is a RAW Packet Log from the APRS-IS Network:
http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KI6TSF-8

I am happy to help you. Though I cant use the 0.42 Version because of an Issue I wrote you earlier last week. So I cannot help much without a solution to this.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by oe3gwu.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds