New Station(s) in Upstate New York, USA!

More
7 years 8 months ago #2490 by cye604
Hey guys, I'm Jim. I am working with the local radiological response office to make our monitoring more modern, as well as transparent. I am constructing wireless monitoring stations that will be spaced around the county (since we are close to a nuclear reactor center). They will then send all of their data back to our operations center via LoRa connections piggybacking on the 911 dispatch towers. Right now we are setting up 20-30 monitors, with plans to expand to 50 if these work well. The only issue I am running into so far is that they want to be able to monitor all of the data in real-time via a program or in a web browser, basically radmon.org or radiationnetwork.com, but only showing their monitors. Then, on top of that, they want to be able to forward all of these readings to a public site where anyone can check in and see the CPM in the area.

If anyone has some pointers, or recommendations on software to check out, let me know! I am still pretty new to this whole thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #2495 by mw0uzo
Welcome Jim! Sorry for the late reply!
It would be great to have data sent from your stations to radmon.org. It would also be entirely possible for radmon.org to serve a map containing just your stations.
I have sent you a PM.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #2497 by Bert490
Hi Jim:
Have you seen the CEMP site for Nevada? it is more regional: http://cemp.dri.edu/cemp/recent/map.html . It looks kind of old, though.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Bert490.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds