wow 1rst one from Berlin :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #1088 by Roddelin
Hello everybody :)

my name is Frank, I am 51 at age (feeling younger) ;)

I always have been fascinated by science and electronics so I am playing around a lot with arduino and simillar chips lately
So I am running a GC10 in a housing on my balcony. I tried to make a lot of calibration for the sb20 tube
and the result is good enough for me so the readings of my device have no great deviation from a GMC-300E which I use in the garden
and a professional Gamma Scout

My station will be of from Wednsday for 3 weeks because I am in hospital...
leaving the PC running ungarded for some days is ok for me..But 3 weeks..No
But than I will back online again and will although provide weather and UV Data on a own Site :)

Frank

PS : I am allthough a passionated shortwave listener... So if you have interessting station for me ...let me know :P :woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1089 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic wow 1rst one from Berlin :)
Welcome Frank!

What conversion factor did you find was right for your tube? Also what sort of interface does the gamma scout have? I would like to get that model working with RadLog.

Yes radio is great, I haven't been on air for ages now as most of my time has been taken up with work/family/house/radmon.org. My station was packed away for a few months. I've set it back up again, but have yet to use it in anger...

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1094 by Roddelin

Welcome Frank!

What conversion factor did you find was right for your tube? Also what sort of interface does the gamma scout have? I would like to get that model working with RadLog.
Yes radio is great, I haven't been on air for ages now as most of my time has been taken up with work/family/house/radmon.org. My station was packed away for a few months. I've set it back up again, but have yet to use it in anger...

Thank you for the welcome :)
I adjusted the tube in 2 ways... One is a little potentiometer that have to do with the high voltage regulation and change the "sensitivity" from the tube
or better say preventing them from displaying nosense ;)
from the sotware for radmon conversin factor 0,0057000 works best for me which I think is "default"

The Gamma Scout have a USB Interface so this shuold run without problem

I compared the "Counts" in 24 hours and Gamma Schout has only 28 counts less than my homebrew which I conside very good

Your Station ? so you are a licensed amateur ?
I am thinking about two years know if i take the step... I will not start with the Novice class
so I train CW all day... Sometimes I do not make real advantage hops ;)
Right now I am listening to world wide radio stations wth preference on Asia, Japan, Afrika, and stations closed to the poles
I build myself a magnetic loop antenna with Q point adjustor which give a lot gain on weak signals if the noise is low enough
but the Q point is VERY sharp edge.... so with a little patience you hear the grass grwing ;)

I although "listen" to stations you have to decode with software weatherfax,NIST, and a lot more :)

All the best
Frank
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Roddelin.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1103 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic wow 1rst one from Berlin :)
Yeah, got my licence. CW, I love and hate it. Its so difficult to get good at it, lots of practice and QSOs needed. But its what makes qrp operation with homebrew radios work. I haven't practiced for ages. When time allows I'll try it some more.

I've made a few magloops, they're so sensitive and resistant to noise. They make you realise how much noise covers everything with wire antennas. 1/2 wave loops work really well too.

Do the test and make some cool stuff with a transmitter and Arduino :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #1243 by GandalfDerGraue
Hello Frank,
welcome here. It's a funny thing but there are more OM's here. Seems we were infected somewhere from one common source.... So, they were right - HF is a very dangerous thing! ;-)

With best regards,
Wolfgang (73 de Dg7nef) ;)

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds