Hello from Nuremberg, Germany

More
9 years 1 month ago #933 by GandalfDerGraue
Hello from North of Nuremberg, Southern part of Germany.
Lat.:49.519521, Long.:11.054936 (Locator: JN59mm)

I'd like to introduce myself as new radiation data provider from this area, as I have seen on the global map I'm not the only one from this area. B)

My radiation measuring equipment is a system I bought from Radu Motisan ( http://uradmonitor.com ) , which seems to work pretty well from what I can say now. It is based on a SBM-20 radiation measuring tube. For data delivery I'll most probably write some small script to pull the radiation data out of my device and push to the radmon server.

Besides this uradmonitor-system I'm planning to have some do-it-yourself project fiddling around with some homebrew systems to develop some mobile device for data and getting some experience regarding hardware and radiation measuring issues. Of course are there a couple of designs for the hardware and circuits, but doing it on your own is always better to learn about the whole stuff. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #936 by mw0uzo
Hi GandalfDerGraue
Welcome to radmon.org! I will set up your account tomorrow. Please share with us the script for taking the data from your hardware and sending it to radmon.org :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GandalfDerGraue

More
9 years 1 month ago #944 by mw0uzo
Ok its all set up, let me know if you have any problems. The marker will appear on the map after the first valid data is submitted. Try writing the HTTP get request as shown on the Download page into your webbrowser. When it works, you gould get 'OK' returned and the value displayed on your marker.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds