Howdy

More
4 years 6 months ago #4691 by Wukong
Howdy was created by Wukong
Hello folks, just recently realised i can upload data from the GC10 "Kinoko" geiger! So, for no particular reason, i will.
I don't imagine i'll detect anything interesting down here in Tasmania. I guess by the time i do, we will all have been doomed for some time.
So far i've got Radlog working, on windows, but i really need to be able to shut that computer down.
I've got a raspberry pi zero, so i installed pyradmon.py. So far it won't run, and i get this:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ python PyRadmon.py
Reading configuration:

User name configured

Password configured

Serial port name configured

Serial port speed configured

Protocol configured

Device number configured

Protocol configured

Using myGeiger protocol for 1 => geiger 1

No samples in queue, waiting 5 seconds => geiger 1

Gathering data started => geiger 1

Initializing geiger communication => geiger 1

Problem in getData procedure (disconnected USB device?) => geiger 1:
invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Exiting

I guess, there is some kind of usb setup for linux, i'm missing. I'll probably work it out sometime, but a bit baffled at the moment.

lsusb tells me the device is recognised:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

ttyUSB0 also appears when i plug the device in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #4697 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Howdy
Welcome to radmon.org!

Can anyone help? Thimo?

More
4 years 6 months ago #4700 by Wukong
Replied by Wukong on topic Howdy
Hi!
Should i post the problem in the PyRadmon section?
I just noticed a couple of people have had the same problem here: https://radmon.org/index.php/forum/pyradmon/369-disconnected-usb-device-problem
The post is 3 years old, and there does not seem to have been an answer.
Should i revive the old thread, or make a new one?

More
4 years 6 months ago #4701 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Howdy
I'll move it and re-title when we sort the problem.
Probably it is unexpected number format from the counter?
Fire up a serial terminal on the serial port and view the data. It should be

etc

Anything different might confuse pyradmon.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #4705 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Howdy
If you are using a FTDI TTL <--> USB (RS232) then that should be all you need to get it working properly. As mw0uzo suggests, try opening a terminal for the serial port and make sure you are getting the CPM every second on a new line. If not I would suggest to try on a different computer, maybe windows, and do the same. There is also the possibility the GC10 isn't set to send the CPM as you can manually turn it off, although I'm not sure if this resets on power cycle. It is well worth getting the GC10 to work in a terminal before connecting to Radmon as that narrows down your issue by half. There are also a handful of settings you can set via terminal (start/stop CPM output, set tube voltage etc) so would be worth checking those by typing the 'show' command and it should spit out some info back at you. I have attached the GC10 UART spec pdf to this post in case you don't have it. I have a couple of GC10's so I know them pretty well.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 6 months ago #4707 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Howdy
I have just noticed that you have already been sending data to Radmon but it stopped today at around 14:00 UTC? Was/is your GC10 working on windows? I notice you say you had Radlog working, was this with your GC10? If so then your GC10 probably won't need any further configuration. Maybe a question to whoever wrote PyRadmon.py?

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds