New Contributer from England

More
4 years 7 months ago #4545 by sandy
Hi.
Just joined and started sending data in today. Been running a home built Geiger counter with sts-5 tube for several years now, but never sent the data anywhere.
My setup is probably overly complicated as it has evolved over several years.

I have a Pic Microchip reading the pulses on an interrupt, calculating the CPM figure and passing this to a PC. The PC then write this to a comma delimited file (once per minute). A new file is started every day
I then have a Raspberry PI that ftp's this file every 10 minutes into a Virtual linux server that hosts my "play" website along with other weather monitoring tools. On this server I can review the current and historical readings (Geiger, weather etc).

To get the data to Radmon, I have had to write a python script on the PI that strips off the last line from the file every minute and sends the count data to Radmon using the API.

It seems to be working OK, it might crash at midnight when one file closes and another opens. If so then I'll restart it and code around the problem.

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #4547 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic New Contributer from England
Welcome to radmon.org Alex!

Great to hear about the homebrew PIC based counter and that you have it working well. These sort of homebrew tools can grow into useful bits of software over time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds