Really good waterproof project case

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
9 months 5 days ago - 9 months 5 days ago #6551 by Simomax

I bought one of these cases from my local Asda for about £14 a few years back. I thought it was that good I went back a week later and they had sold out and they never came back into stock again. I had a little search about on the internet and found them on Ebay and Amazon - links below. I bought one from Ebay to see if it was the same quality, and it is exactly the same.

It is a really neat case. Appears to be very waterproof, even air tight and strong. I think it is made from Polycarbonate. I used mine to house a GPS Geiger counter project some time ago. I think I will use another for an outdoor counter. I would just need to drill a hole in the case, screw in and seal a cable gland for power and done. Screws could go through the loops at the sides to secure it to something, or cable ties, or string, anything really! Here are some pictures of the case:

Here with a GC10, extra board at the bottom and a 2x18650 battery pack. Plenty of space for most modern MCU type counters, and more. Everything is held in with self adhesive Velcro strip. The black foam boot around the LCD presses against the boards slightly and keeps everything snug inside. Same with the battery pack. 

Here with a GC10next.

And the labels:

Ebay: £8.95 all in -  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334833947968
Amazon: £9.94 all in -  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactix-320070-Outdoor-Box/dp/B00N6JDLHQ

They come in different sizes. This is the Tactix 320070 model.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 months 5 days ago by Simomax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steadramon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds