Radspod One dropped offline for a day or so

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
1 week 5 days ago #6969 by Simomax
For some reason my main radmon counter just gave up sending the cpm to the pc. I'm not sure why, but I suspect the wireless serial transmitter or receiver as the counter was working OK and Radlog also. Seems to be back up now after power cycling the counter off and reconnecting the receiver. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #6971 by DonZalmrol
Mine dropped out as well, a reboot didn't solved it, had to suddenly reflash. The webinterface worked and all metrics were going nicely, but the uploads wouldn't work.
Mabye a coincidence, but there's a heightened solar (flare) activity that might have caused it?

Any other stations had/having issues? :)
Last edit: 1 week 2 days ago by DonZalmrol.

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
1 week 1 day ago #6972 by Simomax
I think that's just a coincidence both our counters failing around the same time. I've not noticed anything unusual with any other stations.

My main counter is a NetIO GC-10 and uses a PC with Radlog for recording. It's not an MCU. The data path goes like this: GC-10 <--> wireless TTL transceiver <--> wireless TTL transceiver <--> FTDI adaptor <--> PC/Radlog. When I checked before power cycling the GC-10 was displaying CPM properly on it's display and Radlog was actually receiving 0's. The PC wasn't rebooted, nor even Radlog shut down, so wasn't the PC end either. It has also done this before one of two times. I suspect something with the wireless TTL TX/RX. It may have been the GC-10 putting out 0's, but that is doubtful in my mind as the GC-10 has proven to be very reliable and robust. All in all, I think not too bad considering the counter has been running solid for 8 years. I'd give it a 99% uptime.

More
1 week 1 day ago #6976 by DonZalmrol
yeah silly me, it was my wifi that suddenly started acting up causing bad uploads...

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds