Station was down for about 10 days

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #878 by Radslug
Unfortunately Comcast has been reworking our local area and we've had a lot of down time. For some reason when this happens, the little NSLU2 goes wonky and silently forgets to send readings despite being up and running. My guess is that it's due to not having a hardware clock & relying on Comcast for a good, reliable NTP reply. Anyway, I'll be checking on it more often or write a script to raise some signal when it wanders off and forgets what it's doing. My apologies for the down time.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Radslug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #890 by Frank
Something that I brought up a couple of times and hoping some day to see in a next udpate, when the system itself doesn't get a response within a time frame, a short message, via email, pager, cell phone SMS, etc sent out notifying that your system has not reported anything for "some number" of time and to check system... yes, I still use a pager due to the work environment I work in that I cannot have a 2 way device on me but carry a 1 way pager. I get pages all day long, via my weather system, my EAS system, etc.... I get this message when my PC locks up and doesn't send any data to Wunderground: "The Weather Underground PWS network has detected that your personal weather station (ID #KMATYNGS3) has not reported to www.wunderground.com for more than 2 hours" B)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Frank. Reason: added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds